Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the Thanksgiving holiday I took an opportunity to travel to LA. For anyone that hasn't been, it's an extremely interesting are of the US. LAX is huge and just slammed with people ALL **** DAY.

Arrival Day - Hailed an Uber and what shows up... 2015 BMW M5 :D. We got in, had to wipe the drool off before soiling his driving machine. My first question to him was actually not about his car, but if he would be willing to take us to In and Out.... hahaha. He said absolutely. What a fantastic car that is, and incredibly fast... he had some work done (exhaust, tune, suspension, etc.)

During our trip, we were taking some day trips around the greater LA area and had the opportunity to rent a car... or 4.... all in one day:
  1. 2016 BMW Z4 28i - This car was tiny... obviously hardly any room for luggage. the hard top convertible was cool. This was a pretty quick car as well. Handles extremely well and acceleration was pretty stout (passenger weight was 430 lbs). We zipped around the highways down to Anaheim. Once getting there, we saw a couple of Avis shops and decided to see if we could swap it out for something a little more powerful... see below
  2. 2016 Ford Mustang GT - Most of us know that this car is a monster... WHEN NOT SPEED LIMITED. So we hop in, fire it up, and pull off the lot. Disclosure, I've driven a few of these in the past... and love these cars. Hit the on ramp and opened her up.... and 80. Apparently Avis (or just this location) set the MyKey limits on this car and the speed was limited to 80. In my opinion... This car was dead to me, especially when people drive 80+ on the highway when they can. The other idiotic thing, I couldn't turn the volume up past 14... So off to LAX Avis we went... they have a ton of nice cars... See Below
  3. 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS - So I showed and went into the Avis preferred office and let them know that the car had the MyKey setup with a bunch of restrictions. The agent says verbatim, "Well that's no fun is it? How are you supposed to race them Ferrari's?" I LOL'd. I told them I worked for GM and wanted a GM car. They tried putting me into a Chevy Cruze... I balked at that. Then a Tahoe... Although nice, not a car for Cali. Then he said they had a Camaro... I asked if it was an SS, he said yes... and bingo. What a pony car this is. The paddle shifters were crisp. I spent most of the time in track mode with manual shifting. The exhaust in this car was on point. Idled nicely, growled nicely, and was throaty and raspy when really getting on it. I was rocking and rolling through BevHills and Hollywood all night. This car is FAST, incredibly FAST. Judging by the copious amounts of rubber left in the entrance to Gate A of Dodger Stadium, there probably wasn't much left on the F1's. I trolled just about every exotic euro car I could come up against... It was an incredibly fun time... I'd buy one over a mustang.
  4. 2016 Mercedes GL 450 - This car was underwhelming for the 60k+ price. Not much to write home about other than driving comfort. It had some power, but it also weighs 5k+.

My observations of LA:
  • Too many people
  • They drive fast when they aren't gridlocked
  • Benz and Beamers are a dime a dozen
  • DTLA, Hollywood, Venice are dirty and filled with homeless and bums
  • There is too much money in BevHills
  • The Honor Bar has a GREAT burger
  • Cre8 Crepes in Hollywood is a MUST stop... Get the Apple Pie
  • People are genuinely nice and willing to chat you up.
  • An incredibly large amount of tourists

How does all of this relate to the Fusion Sport... I saw zero :(

·
Registered
624 Posts
You mentioned the paddle shifters on the Camaro. This isn't the first time I've heard others mention how well they work. Ford needs to work on this. Just makes them look bad when they offer something and it doesn't deliver as expected, especially when Chevy can deliver.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mentioned the paddle shifters on the Camaro. This isn't the first time I've heard others mention how well they work. Ford needs to work on this. Just makes them look bad when they offer something and it doesn't deliver as expected, especially when Chevy can deliver.
That car was lit. It was a base SS, no frills coupe. I was able to launch and hit the paddles and get an immediate shift. That car has an extremely FAT torque curve. I actually preferred to cruise in manual mode. Kept the 7 speed at the optimal pounce level.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing like beating on a car that's not yours and you don't have to replace the tires. :)
I don't think there was a stop light or sign I didn't launch that pig.

We returned to the dodger stadium entrance the next day to try and snap a few pics... two police and officers were posted up. We quickly went the other way.... hahaha

I did have to pick rubber shards from the rear of the car before returning it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts