Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was also wondering how to pull out a stuck FS. With mud season approaching, the road I live on gets very soft in March. I'm already getting sick of my studded snows and can't wait to put the stock tires back. It's going to be so nice to get the quite smooth ride back.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Unfortunately, none of the North American Fusions have the tow hook installed. It's supposed to be a hole in the front bumper right under the passenger's side of the grille, but obviously we don't have it. Even worse, the threaded hole in the frame isn't there behind the bumper to begin with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then what are our options for a front plate since I don't want to drill the bumper
I'm in the same boat. I live in California and have to get a plate mounted and prefer not to drill holes in my bumper. Was hoping to use a tow hook plate mount.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
I've been looking into plate mounts as well, as I had an agreement with my dealer if they drilled into the bumper I would not be accepting the car. I found this mount that mounts on the grille that looks awesome, but unfortunately it's a Kickstarter project and doesn't look like it'll get funded. I'm trying to find something that either clips onto the grille somehow (like the one in that link), or else I'm willing to mount it on the lower grille where the radar module usually goes since I didn't order mine with ACC. At least that part is easily replaceable.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I've been looking into plate mounts as well, as I had an agreement with my dealer if they drilled into the bumper I would not be accepting the car. I found this mount that mounts on the grille that looks awesome, but unfortunately it's a Kickstarter project and doesn't look like it'll get funded. I'm trying to find something that either clips onto the grille somehow (like the one in that link), or else I'm willing to mount it on the lower grille where the radar module usually goes since I didn't order mine with ACC. At least that part is easily replaceable.
And for those with the ACC, just mount it on passenger side and you are fine. Someone did that on here with one that you can take off and put on when you want, so that might be the route for some of you to go.

I just don't care that I am supposed to have a front plate.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You still have to drill and I would be afraid that it would get taken off and damage bumper on a heavy angle driveway or high speed bump...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found the same guys off of the kickstarter. I have not ordered, but it looks like if someone wants to try www slybrackets com. not enough post to link. sorry

·
Registered
451 Posts
Excuse me... WE do the towing in the snow, people don't tow us :p

Reactions: Pinky023 and Vert

·
Registered
17 Posts
American Cars normally don't have front tow hooks as american tow trucks normally use wheel lifts or j-hooks to hook around the frame, then it's held down with chains or soft straps around the wheel.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My 2014 Escape had one. Well at least the threads behind the grill. Just had to order the hook from Ford. It would have been used to winch the car out of trouble (ditch, etc.)

Glad I never needed it...

·
Registered
871 Posts
American Cars normally don't have front tow hooks as american tow trucks normally use wheel lifts or j-hooks to hook around the frame, then it's held down with chains or soft straps around the wheel.
I don't see a way to get the J hooks around the subframe, it looks like we would be stuck having the hooks pull on the suspension.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts