Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the passenger side foot well has ambient lighting? I could have sworn it did. My passenger side has the rear, under door sill area and the handle lit but the foot well isn't.

Pretty sure it does and I'm just now noticing it went out. The glow on the floor is from the storage area of the door card and not from the actual foot well like on drivers side.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Fusion Sport
7 Posts
Just went for a drive in mine and yes there is supposed to be a light in the passenger footwell.

·
Super Moderator
1,455 Posts
Yup, it should. Cycle through the different colors, maybe the red LED has failed?

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I tried cycling thru the colors and it won't go on so I'm assuming it is the led or some wire. Still under an extended ford plan so I'm gonna give the dealership a call today.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yeah I don't know how the specific part is constructed that's used for our ambient lighting, but if it's like most multicolor LEDs, it's actually just one LED (or set of LEDs) that puts out the color, but the LEDs themselves are actually multicolor, vs one for red, one for green, etc. Usually the frequency of the pulses (very rapid) to the LEDs determines the frequency. There are a number of ways that could be done, but I'm guessing it's not a one-to-one relationship per-color, per-LED; it would be more likely to be a digital signal to a pulse width modulator, that then drives a multicolor LED (or assembly).

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Ford Fusion Sport
37 Posts
Maybe also check your carpeting, I had your issue and it turned out the carpeting was loose in mine covering the LED. I pulled the passenger door trim and reseated the carpet and now mine shines just like the driver’s side.

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe also check your carpeting, I had your issue and it turned out the carpeting was loose in mine covering the LED. I pulled the passenger door trim and reseated the carpet and now mine shines just like the driver’s side.
I just did the cabin air filter so now that I think of it maybe I hit the carpet pulling the panel/trim off . Gonna check the moment I'm out of work.

·
Super Moderator
1,455 Posts
Yeah I don't know how the specific part is constructed that's used for our ambient lighting, but if it's like most multicolor LEDs, it's actually just one LED (or set of LEDs) that puts out the color, but the LEDs themselves are actually multicolor, vs one for red, one for green, etc. Usually the frequency of the pulses (very rapid) to the LEDs determines the frequency. There are a number of ways that could be done, but I'm guessing it's not a one-to-one relationship per-color, per-LED; it would be more likely to be a digital signal to a pulse width modulator, that then drives a multicolor LED (or assembly).
I wouldn't be surprised if they finally went with that method actually. I haven't really looked at this generation of ambient lighting closely, but I'd bet you are correct. My old '10 Focus SES was the 3-LED style which is why I just assumed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts