Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my Front License Plate holder today. It was held on by two rivets. I drilled them out, but one went wrong. When the drill when through, it bent the back end of the rivet sleeve to the side. It spun in the hole making the hole larger that was. Got the cover off and found two more holes in the bumper that were made by the screws holding the actual plate on.

I had ordered two plugs from BumperPlugs.com and was ready for two holes. I am ordering two more, but I am not sure how I am going to use the bumper plug to fill the larger hole. The bumper plug I have will push right through.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just remove mine and more or less had to bend the license plate holder every other way and finally was able to rip them out... if you’re not concerned about that spot looking perfect maybe fill the holes with some type of putty that will harden and take paint.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I removed my Front License Plate holder today. It was held on by two rivets. I drilled them out, but one went wrong. When the drill when through, it bent the back end of the rivet sleeve to the side. It spun in the hole making the hole larger that was. Got the cover off and found two more holes in the bumper that were made by the screws holding the actual plate on.

I had ordered two plugs from BumperPlugs.com and was ready for two holes. I am ordering two more, but I am not sure how I am going to use the bumper plug to fill the larger hole. The bumper plug I have will push right through.

Any ideas?
Hi maydk, Another possibility: According to how large the new hole is, you can also try a dab of silicone sealant to glue it over/into the hole. To clean up any overage, have a small bottle of whichever solvent the silicone sealant you use recommends for cleanup. Then wash and wax the area.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts