Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Front caliper bracket

664 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  valerian
How important is this little thing? Thought I got it on/in but once I put the wheel back on both the top and the bottom popped out. Happened with both fronts.

Automotive design Grey Automotive exterior Bumper Wood
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Importaint, So your saying you lost one ? You should be able to hit any of the parts stores and ask for a front hard wear kit. I have a couple extras somewhere in my mess, but they wouldn't help you much right now.
No, I didn't lose it but the little tab popped out. It's exactly as you see in the picture above - in place correctly but the tab (and an identical one on the bottom) popped out.
OK, first off see the top of it, it's on the wrong side of the caliper bracket. once you get it on the right side, the other end should stay put in the hole on the caliper. They can be a pain in the azz sometimes, but it just takes some finese to put the thing together and have it end up right
Oh DUUHHHHH!!!! Of course! Thank you for pointing that out, dumb mistake on my part - it went back together in just seconds when doing it the right way.
LOL, it's all good, happens to the best of us. The wire ones in the back are a pain two, after doing a few brake jobs on them, I figured out a way to get them where they belong with out a lot of hassle. The fronts can be tough some times, but a screw driver does wonders for coercing them into place.
Reactions: 1
How important is this little thing? Thought I got it on/in but once I put the wheel back on both the top and the bottom popped out. Happened with both fronts.

View attachment 31003
Hi @LeVeL, check my thread why it was important in my case. Now I am smarter, thanks to the Guys on this forum and know to change it everytimes while replacing brake pads
Maybe it will be useful somehow for somebody :)

FWIW, unless it gets stuck somewhere it shouldn't, it's not a critical part. It's an antirattle spring. The brakes will work perfectly fine without it, but you'll get some weird noises out of it.
"It's an antirattle spring".
My FFS have one side where the pad is rattling inside the caliper.
Could somebody post a picture of this spring properly mounted on the caliper?

I have received new springs from Raybestos and will make them mounted on the caliper next week.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts