Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my '17 with a crack in the lower front bumper.

As I'm looking for a replacement, I can't seem to find the correct bumper for the sport model. All the pics shown of the replacements do not have the two molded vertical supports either side of the lower grill. And don't seem to have the area below the fog lights for the transmission cooler inlet.

Am I missing something?

Maybe they're just using the same picture for each model bumper?

Does anybody have a link?

·
Registered
545 Posts
How big a crack does it have ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How big a crack does it have ?

Cracked/broken full break on the lower horizontal cross member

And a corresponding actual crack going up from the lower grill

Each area are small enough to repair easily, in AZ we have rain gutter from street to driveway where the cars scrapes from time to time and concerned with the repair holding versus a solid bumper.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
We have fixed a lot worse here at our body shop lol

·
Registered
608 Posts
Bought my '17 with a crack in the lower front bumper.

As I'm looking for a replacement, I can't seem to find the correct bumper for the sport model. All the pics shown of the replacements do not have the two molded vertical supports either side of the lower grill. And don't seem to have the area below the fog lights for the transmission cooler inlet.

Am I missing something?

Maybe they're just using the same picture for each model bumper?

Does anybody have a link?
Hi FiveseveN. If you decide to buy a new bumper cover instead of have that one fixed, I would make one recommendation: Order the correct parts for your car by VIN and part number, not what the pictures look like on one website or another.

If no one here can give you the correct part number, you can stop by or call the Parts Department at your local Ford Dealer and ask the Parts Department for the correct part number for the front bumper cover for your car. Have your VIN handy, as that is how they assure the proper part number.

In this way, you can get the correct part number and a price to know where to begin your price shopping.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah, that's fixable. We have a nice plastic welder that makes it easy, use it on bumpers and head lights a lot, but pretty much anything plastic can be welded with the exception of the kind they use for intakes and stuff like that.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Yeah, that's fixable. We have a nice plastic welder that makes it easy, use it on bumpers and head lights a lot, but pretty much anything plastic can be welded with the exception of the kind they use for intakes and stuff like that.
Really? Isn't that just ABS? I'd have thought that was weldable since you can 3d print with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts