Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been stalking the forums for about a month or so now. Got a promotion at work which requires a car 5 years old or newer and my 2005.5 A4 won't make the cut. It's about ready for a new owner anyway. It's getting hard to keep all the dash lights from going off. But no, really it has been my favorite car I've owned so far. The last 4 cars I've owned have been VW/Audi. Mk4 Jetta, B5 Audi A4, Mk5 Gti and the current B7 A4. A good rear sway bar and set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports really transformed the car into a go cart. I can throw it into any corner and the only thing that gives is my neck.

So, how'd I venture into these parts? Probably just as many of you did. I wanted S4'ish performance, but I'm on a working man's budget. I had scouted out the Titanium AWD w/ 2.0 eco and was pretty sold on that until I saw the sport on the configurator and was ready to drop my drawers right there. I haven't bought or ordered on *yet*, but have RFQ's out to about 7 dealers in my area to see who wants to sell one the most. Unfortunately had to special order cause they all have moonroof and nav and I'm one of "those guys" who doesn't want a moonroof or nav. I seriously don't get nav these days..especially with apple car play and google maps..just so much easier...that's a whole nother topic though!

Anyway...my ride history for views...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome!

I was set on a 2017 Audi A4 until I drove a Fusion Sport. It still seems to me like I saved $10K and didn't give up anything substantial. Actually, I think the Sport comes out ahead in many areas. I also did the same thing you did with the NAV; Apple Car Play takes care of that for free.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the forums and that's a pretty nice vehicle history you got there. I always liked the A4s as well, but hey, these Fusion Sports are pretty darn bang on.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, plus as many miles as I will probably be driving (20,000 at least) a year, the cost of owning an Audi would be $15,000 more over even just 4 years. Tough to justify that..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts