Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freaky incident yesterday, I was pulling out of the parking lot, getting on a backroad and immediately tried to get on an expressway, pressed the gas pedal and car stalled! Initially I thought the car shut off but it was on, just unresponsive to throttle input and every time I would press gas pedal the stability control light would start blinking., luckily I crawled into gas station, turned off the car and started it back again and the issue was gone, no Check Engine or Stability control lights or anything. Really freaky and potentially dangerous glitch. Anyone else seen, experienced this?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Freaky incident yesterday, I was pulling out of the parking lot, getting on a backroad and immediately tried to get on an expressway, pressed the gas pedal and car stalled! Initially I thought the car shut off but it was on, just unresponsive to throttle input and every time I would press gas pedal the stability control light would start blinking., luckily I crawled into gas station, turned off the car and started it back again and the issue was gone, no Check Engine or Stability control lights or anything. Really freaky and potentially dangerous glitch. Anyone else seen, experienced this?
This may be the 'limp mode' that others have talked about. I have yet to experience this problem in the 4K miles I have put on the car.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes, it has happened to a few people, usually when making a left turn. The car is totally fine afterward but will make you hesitate to trust it when trying to execute a quick left for a while.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only made right turns (three times). Not sure if it is a limp mode, no CEL on? only stability control light blinks when gas pedal was pressed

·
Registered
451 Posts
There were none after mine did it. The car just stalled like a manual can do, fired up just fine and has been perfectly normal since.
What are your guys manufacturing dates? I wonder if these are related within a certain build period...

·
Registered
152 Posts
This has happened to me twice so far. Once while I was making a left turn, from a busy main street, onto a side street. Lucky for us, there was no traffic coming that could of hit us, but that could of been a really ugly situation in different circumstances. It happened to me one other time but thankfully it was in a parking lot so at least it wasn't as dangerous.

I should note that I've noticed the same sort of hesitation when accelerating aggressively from a slow roll/stop occasionally, but after bogging it comes right back to life. I've never had a DTC related to either situation, so I haven't mentioned it to the dealer for fear of them taking my car for months to do diagnostics. It's not something I can reproduce on command, it's completely random.

My build date is July 2016

·
Registered
451 Posts
Interesting... December is far away from July, so I guess that rules out the build timeframe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts