Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Never mind, you can skip this entire thread because I already solved the problem :)

Has anyone else attempted to download the firmware calibration files for ForScan for our cars?

I'm considering flashing my IPC down to the 2018 model year code because starting in 2019 the US speed limit signs were removed from the IPC code of the Mondeo firmware. I've been crawling all over the ForScan site, a whole bunch of other places as well, and I did find some files called "calibrationfiles.zip" but the ones I found don't contain the model year 2018 IPC firmwares I need. Actually, I'm not even sure they contain anything for our cars.

What I need specifically are these:

For 2018 Fusion/Mondeo:
JS7T-14C026-AJB
JS7T-14C026-BJB
JS7T-14C088-AJB
JS7T-14C088-BJB
- Firmware Build Date: October 30, 2017

Please tell me I'm not the only person on here who has attempted this. :)

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I think I am running the MY18 files actually. Did you have questions about flashing, or just downloading the actual files?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I am running the MY18 files actually. Did you have questions about flashing, or just downloading the actual files?

Thanks! I think I should be good doing the flash (planning on using beta ForScan for lack of any better tool), I just can't seem to find the 18 files anywhere. There are references online but not the actual files I need. 😂

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

Hi @DaMiFo ! I think I can use the beta ForScan to actually perform the flash, it's just getting hold of the files that's causing me trouble. I'm not able to find them anywhere. I also might need the first and second stage bootloaders but I'm not sure about that since the ones I have on the module are already the same I think. But the four files above, I definitely don't have, and haven't been able to find.

Thanks for offering to help! :)

BTW sorry for the double reply, I switched computers and the first one wasn't showing up until I posted the second one.... Should've refreshed my cache. ;)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The more I look at this, I'm almost wondering if I just need to buy UCDS to get this done right. What do you guys think, that are more connected with the Ford software or have used it?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem is solved. I managed to find the 2018 firmware files, and the boot loader, and load everything into my IPC. I now have speed limit signs on my IPC as well as the center of my dash, just like before the MKZ cluster. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
Wow good timing - sorry was just getting home and logging on now actually.

As for UCDS, honestly it's up to you. I personally trust UCDS more for flashing firmware, but it's more of a bear to use. Once you learn it, it is a bit more powerful tho.

If you're gonna just flash firmware once, save your money and stick work forscan.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem, I mostly just wanted to post about it so nobody tried to chase that down since I've already got it working!

I was a little bummed that the 2018 firmware doesn't show the "Ford Performance" over on the left screen. But on the other hand, that's an excuse to leave my AWD gauge up, so it all worked out. But now I can honestly say I haven't lost any features by moving to the MKZ cluster, unless you count climate in the IPC, but I never used that (and to be honest, it was kind of half-baked anyway, and I think my car didn't even have that enabled from factory, I had to enable it with ForScan on my old 401a cluster). Anyhow I don't care about that. I have every feature I had before other than that, and I can do a lot more with this. This is a really, really nice gauge cluster once you set everything up!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a pic of my cluster running the 2018 firmware (I'm not on the road so no speed limit sign but it does have those now). IMG_20210716_160219253.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
The Ford Performance background is modified by someone, not official from Ford unfortunately.

And yeah Ford disabled the climate screen on all 17+ Fusions for some reason. But I agree it was kinda half baked anyways (It would actually be useful in my '14 Edge Sport tho... where they removed it from the firmware of course).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts