Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently I'm either way more technology inept than I think myself or my car is having some issues or something.

I've seen a lot about FordPass with being able to set up start times and remote start via the app and whatnot, so I of course want to set that up.

I downloaded the FP app, log in, and then start the car and see "connect AppLink" or something like that. I assume that's how I get the remote start capability, etc. So it says to hit the Apps button on Sync3, click FordPass, and say yes to some permissions. However, when I click on FordPass, my phone screen gets stuck on "Disabled while vehicle is in motion" (even though I'm in park) and FordPass on the car goes from "Warming up..." to "Vehicle Health report is running..." and then never changes.

Am I just an idiot or something?

LG G3 Android 6.0
USB connected
Bluetooth connected

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had the nice young lady at the dealership (I couldn't pass up her offer to sit in my fresh new ride) walk me through the setup, even though I was perfectly capable of doing it myself. Perhaps it was her charm, but it works flawlessly for me. I followed the exact steps you performed, but had a different outcome.

My suggestion is, if you have the time, to run up to your local dealer and ask for the cute technology setup girl and have her get you setup. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have setup the FordPass app, authorized it and played around with it. It seems to work as advertised the first time. It is a bit slow to do anything, but I assume it is because it has to go out the cell network to the car. Start/stops/locks/unlocks seem to take about 15 seconds (sometimes more) via the app.

One think I thought it would do is roll the windows up and down, but maybe I misread that somewhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have setup the FordPass app, authorized it and played around with it. It seems to work as advertised the first time. It is a bit slow to do anything, but I assume it is because it has to go out the cell network to the car. Start/stops/locks/unlocks seem to take about 15 seconds (sometimes more) via the app.

One think I thought it would do is roll the windows up and down, but maybe I misread that somewhere.
You can't rollthe windows up and down withthe app,but you can with your key fob. Hit the unlock button twice, on the second press hod it downfor 5 seconds, the windows will go down and the moonroof will pop up. Press the lock button twice, hold the button down for 5seconds on the second press and it'll close everything up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So apparently I'm either way more technology inept than I think myself or my car is having some issues or something.

I've seen a lot about FordPass with being able to set up start times and remote start via the app and whatnot, so I of course want to set that up.

I downloaded the FP app, log in, and then start the car and see "connect AppLink" or something like that. I assume that's how I get the remote start capability, etc. So it says to hit the Apps button on Sync3, click FordPass, and say yes to some permissions. However, when I click on FordPass, my phone screen gets stuck on "Disabled while vehicle is in motion" (even though I'm in park) and FordPass on the car goes from "Warming up..." to "Vehicle Health report is running..." and then never changes.

Am I just an idiot or something?

LG G3 Android 6.0
USB connected
Bluetooth connected
Try powering your phone off and restarting it. If that doesn't work you can go into the sync menu on the car an find the master reset in the menus and reboot it. You might have to re sync your phone after the reset.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try powering your phone off and restarting it. If that doesn't work you can go into the sync menu on the car an find the master reset in the menus and reboot it. You might have to re sync your phone after the reset.
I tried a soft reset. I actually thought it was working because it gave me a different screen than before, but even after authorizing the permissions I still got stuck in that "Disabled while moving" screen on the phone, even though the car was in park. I'll have to try the sync master reset. Not worried about re-pairing...that's easy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Crazy question - Are you sitting in the car when you are trying to this ? If so then the seat sensor will tell the car "Hey, we're moving !!" If you have to sit in the car then sit in the passenger seat and see if that works.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crazy question - Are you sitting in the car when you are trying to this ? If so then the seat sensor will tell the car "Hey, we're moving !!" If you have to sit in the car then sit in the passenger seat and see if that works.
I am sitting in the car when doing this. Not sure why that would matter, though, as you basically have to be in the car to set it all up. I suppose that's worth a shot though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had the same issue today when I picked up my car. After saying the car was in motion for a few minutes, I disconnected the phone, uninstalled the app from my phone, rebooted, reinstalled the app, reconnected to the car.

At that point the phone still had the same issue, but the car had the permissions pop-up on it. I accepted the permissions, and the car was up and running. From there it took about 10 minutes for the app to clear its head and finish working properly. Still have a 24 hour period for the rest of the permissions, but the basics are up and running.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can't get mine to work. I'm getting an error code 401 and it tells me to call support. They're clueless as to what to do for me and they say there is a known issue. At least everything else on the car is working as its supposed to.

There's a setting to allow permissions for all apps or just fordpass and I've got them all selected to allow. Also, I definitely have the SYNC Connect modem. The only thing I haven't tried is doing it all outside of my garage. It might need to be open to the sky.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Will be at the dealers tomorrow and getting FordPass done too, along with
the tinted windows, and paint and interior having protection applied.

Be a busy day...

But having fun....

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I must have missed the prompt to activate it. I reset it and I only see health on the ford pass screen. On my phone I only see the fuel gauge. I thought you could do more? Am I missing something?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts