Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a couple days ago this wasn't working anymore. Anyone else having problems with it particularly in Canada ? I removed the car from the app and re added that didn't help. Re installed the app and still nothing. Lets me add the car with the VIN number but displays zero information. And if I change the units of measure in settings from miles to kms the next time I open the app its back to miles. This app has work flawlessly for me since getting the car 9 months ago until now. I haven't contacted Ford yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same... but mine came right after I updated to the latest Sync, so I chalked it up to that. This all started last Friday for me (or, I first noticed it Friday after the Sync update).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same... but mine came right after I updated to the latest Sync, so I chalked it up to that. This all started last Friday for me (or, I first noticed it Friday after the Sync update).
Interesting, I haven't done any recent updates however so it might not be that.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I found that sometimes I had to sign out and then sign back in, or uninstall and then reinstall the app. Ford's IT services are absolutely draconian by industry standards.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Did you try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling?? Or signing out and re-signing in? That fixed it for me about a year ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling?? Or signing out and re-signing in? That fixed it for me about a year ago.
Sorry I glossed over your recommendation above... that worked.

I wonder if this reset was tied to them recently making these features "complimentary". I didn't realize they weren't before.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to work somewhat. I can now see my location, mileage, oil life, amount of gas in tank and a few other things but every time I open the app my nickname resets to "My Fusion" and the units of measure goes back to miles from kms so somethings still wrong with this. Weird like I said I never had an issue with this app till now. My phone hasn't changed its an iphone 8 plus. Maybe a recent iOS update ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just checked mine, and it says "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding right now" and it shows my garage as empty. I'm on Android, btw.
Canada or US ?

·
Registered
846 Posts
It's an app that ties into the Ford telematics module for remote unlock/lock/start as well as some minor diagnostics/status checks. It's a cruder version of the OnStar app. If your Ford doesn't have SYNC3 with Ford Connect, the Ford Pass app won't tap into these features.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If your Ford doesn't have SYNC3 with Ford Connect, the Ford Pass app won't tap into these features.

You won't have the cellular / remote features without Ford Connect, but it still serves as a way to inform you of issues the car finds, read the owner's manual, recalls, maintenance history (either work done on your own, as well as done by a Ford dealer), pay your Ford Credit bill, find gas prices and services (dealers, colision centers, food, parking, and charging (if we had PHEV's), and track your FordPass Rewards.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If your Ford doesn't have SYNC3 with Ford Connect, the Ford Pass app won't tap into these features.

You won't have the cellular / remote features without Ford Connect, but it still serves as a way to inform you of issues the car finds, read the owner's manual, recalls, maintenance history (either work done on your own, as well as done by a Ford dealer), pay your Ford Credit bill, find gas prices and services (dealers, colision centers, food, parking, and charging (if we had PHEV's), and track your FordPass Rewards.
My 2018 Explorer doesn't have SYNC3 or Ford Connect but I loaded it in my Ford Pass app. Not worth the hassle. The app is garbage as it runs slow and often wigs out. Easier to use Ford's crappy online IT system via a browser.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My 2018 Explorer doesn't have SYNC3 or Ford Connect but I loaded it in my Ford Pass app. Not worth the hassle. The app is garbage as it runs slow and often wigs out. Easier to use Ford's crappy online IT system via a browser.

I agree it's not worth it if you don't have SYNC 3. But both my cars have it so it's somewhat useful, especially since I pay using my phone anyways. But I don't have any issues with the app at all (on my Samsung S10+). The website on the other hand is almost useless unless to me, even when it does work properly.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ford announced last year you can buy a module that plugs into the OBD port to add the Smartlink feature too. I haven't heard anything more about it since the announcement.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/21/upgrade-connected-features-on-your-older-model-ford-with-new-for.html

Ford already pulled the plug on SmartLink, unfortunately. Supposedly, those few who bought into it are getting full refunds for the price of the system and work performed to install it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love the app. My car is too far away from my desk at work for the factory auto start to work so I use the app. Coming in handy this week winter is here !!

Still don't understand why the units of measure are set to miles everytime I launch the app even though I change the settings to kms. Never had this problem before a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I agree it's not worth it if you don't have SYNC 3. But both my cars have it so it's somewhat useful, especially since I pay using my phone anyways. But I don't have any issues with the app at all (on my Samsung S10+). The website on the other hand is almost useless unless to me, even when it does work properly.
It runs like molasses on my LG G6+. It's not just the app loading, but how fast it communicates with the car. It takes forever to remote start it or find its location, but at least it is better than walking up to the car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts