Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

FordPass error

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  h1183 
#1 ·
Got this message on my wife's Edge for the second time in a month. Anyone seen this before or know what it means. All lights seem to be working fine. Possible FordPass problem maybe which wouldn't surprise me most unreliable app out there.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Document

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi DL. I would think it means exactly what it states. The Edge has a burned out bulb or other electrical system problem. Carefully check all bulbs, interior and exterior, including turn signals and brake lights while they should be on.

Yes, it could be an error. However (just theorizing here), since FordPass is simply telling you what the Edge is telling it, the error would likely be in the telematics of the Edge, not FordPass.

Assuming your Edge is still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, any burned out bulbs or other issues would be covered under warranty. So if you can not find the problem, make a service appointment to have it diagnosed and corrected.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

#3 ·
Hi DL. I would think it means exactly what it states. The Edge has a burned out bulb or other electrical system problem. Carefully check all bulbs, interior and exterior, including turn signals and brake lights while they should be on.

Yes, it could be an error. However (just theorizing here), since FordPass is simply telling you what the Edge is telling it, the error would likely be in the telematics of the Edge, not FordPass.

Assuming your Edge is still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, any burned out bulbs or other issues would be covered under warranty. So if you can not find the problem, make a service appointment to have it diagnosed and corrected.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. Ya lots of warranty left on this car. I just sent my local dealership an email to see what they say. There's alot of lights on this car so its possible I missed something. Weird though how the first alert I got was back in November and nothing till the last two weeks.

Most worried about the adaptive LED headlights my guess is their stupid expensive to replace. I even put the best available extended warranty on this car only to find out afterwards it covers everything in the new car (bumper to bumper) warranty except the headlights. Still a year left on the factory warranty anyways.

#8 ·
I wish Ford Pass told you what the codes actually were rather than just an "owner friend" message. But if you use a scanner that reads all the Ford networks, you'll be able to find whatever code was set that caused the car to send that alert - and that will tell you what light it detected out.

Reactions: Engineer
#11 ·
I agree. Even if they just added the DTC to the end of the alert, that would be cool. But I imagine their people who review those ideas probably considered that and decided it would generate more questions into their help desk and they didn't want the expense of that. I can't entirely blame them, from that point of view, but as someone, like you, who would rather have the info, it's kind of a bummer. It would be nice if there was a switch we could enable to have it send the DTCs in the alerts, but only if you're technically capable of understanding what a DTC is. But that's probably asking too much, especially since there's no real gain from Ford's perspective (since they're just going to hook up a scanner either way when the car comes in).

#10 ·
Dealership doesn't know why this is happening. BCM shows the error but doesn't say what or where the problem is. All lights are working. So that didn't accomplish much other than getting the rear differential fluid changed due to a noise in the rear end when turning.

#12 ·
I have the same issue with my 2019 ford fusion hybrid and when I went to the dealership to diagnose it they said they didnot find any problem and I would have to pay for the diagnostic even though I had a bumper to bumper warranty because no issues were found.. I refused and called ford canada they said the same shady thing ??? Watchout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.