Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several years of arguing with myself about winter driving in the GTO (it's not bad, BTW) I've decided to get a FuSP. I would like to have the Audi, but the reality of living in the rural midwest and driving thru ND and Montana frequently is that I just couldn't get it fixed in a timely way if I needed to... Plus the cost over 5 years is nearly double!

So I found a nice, used FS with 148 miles on it. Yup, that's the real ODO reading. The window sticker says it was delivered to the "Ford Test Fleet" about which I've been able to find absolutely nothing? The dealer got it at auction and it saved me more than $5k compared to new, but I'd still love to know what it did for the first 148 miles of its life and what that means for its future. FWIW it's pretty loaded up but without moon roof (yay!!!), and in Metallic Burgundy Velvet.

Anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
181 Posts
After several years of arguing with myself about winter driving in the GTO (it's not bad, BTW) I've decided to get a FuSP. I would like to have the Audi, but the reality of living in the rural midwest and driving thru ND and Montana frequently is that I just couldn't get it fixed in a timely way if I needed to... Plus the cost over 5 years is nearly double!

So I found a nice, used FS with 148 miles on it. Yup, that's the real ODO reading. The window sticker says it was delivered to the "Ford Test Fleet" about which I've been able to find absolutely nothing? The dealer got it at auction and it saved me more than $5k compared to new, but I'd still love to know what it did for the first 148 miles of its life and what that means for its future. FWIW it's pretty loaded up but without moon roof (yay!!!), and in Metallic Burgundy Velvet.

Anyone ever heard of this?
This is new to me. I will see if anyone I known has heard of this before.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you sure he didn't mean that it was randomly picked for test after assembly?

That's what happened with my car. I got it with around 90 miles on the odo

edit: is it being sold as new or used? Mine was sold as new

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well his dealership bought it at auction, so I should have been sold to him used.
FWIW my car had 50 miles on it when the dealer took delivery, not sure where those came from.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, sold as used. Build date 3/16/16.

Window Sticker from Ford says: Sold to Ford Motor Company, VOGO, Allen Park MI

Ship to Fomocoxxx (can't read) Test Fleet
17000 Oakwood Blvd
Allen Park, MI

The only recorded mileage is at 10 miles in October. I don't have a Carfax, so I don't have their confirmation that Ford was the first purchaser.
I wondered if it could be a press car, but only 150 miles seems like not enough for that.
And I wondered if they did some kind of QC on it, but why would that take from March to October?

Is there any way to confirm the "put in service date"?

·
Registered
150 Posts

Window Sticker from Ford says: Sold to Ford Motor Company, VOGO, Allen Park MI

Ship to Fomocoxxx (can't read) Test Fleet
17000 Oakwood Blvd
Allen Park, MI

The only recorded mileage is at 10 miles in October. I don't have a Carfax, so I don't have their confirmation that Ford was the first purchaser.
I wondered if it could be a press car, but only 150 miles seems like not enough for that.
And I wondered if they did some kind of QC on it, but why would that take from March to October?

Is there any way to confirm the "put in service date"?
I would think your Ford dealer would be able to see any previous service records including the original in service date or when it was first prepped.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was able to find the "in service" date-10/3/16! The dealer said that they once bought a car Ford had had at the factory for 2 years with no miles on it. So, perhaps they just divert some things and if they don't need them, eventually sell them?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ok, I missed this the first time I read it. Is that right build date 3/16/16? I don't think they started production that early? Anybody now when the Sport supposedly went into production?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I missed this the first time I read it. Is that right build date 3/16/16? I don't think they started production that early? Anybody now when the Sport supposedly went into production?
Yup, its serial number ends in 00384, and what I can find about the test fleet is that it was designed for prototyping and QC, so this one of the earliest off the assembly line. Might have been one of the press cars, except it didn't get the miles they would have.

·
Registered
79 Posts
3/16/16 is very early production for the Sport. Mine was built 6/28/2016 and I got it in mid-August, right after they got to the showroom. Perhaps it was used for EPA fuel mileage and pollution tests or something like that. Just as long as it wasn't for crash testing!

Ken

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah, the first cars to hit dealership's were delivered in July. I don't think I've seen anybody on here with a build date before June. Mine reached the dealership in MI on July 18th, almost positive it had a build date in June, I could be wrong.

This is very interesting, would be cool to know your cars history.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I thought mine was early with the first week in July. But March that is really pretty cool. Would like to hear if you find anything else out about it. Good luck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Drbob1 is the car a burgundy colored sport.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I looked up ur car with part of my vin. Pretty loaded as well. Trying to see what I could.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was seeing if there was any info that would help you. And yes folks it was built 3/16/16

·
Registered
186 Posts
Something to check on: early 2017 Fusions with LED headlights (including all Sports) were recalled for a headlight mounting problem (I think it was actually a bracket). Some cars built in June (including mine) sat in Hermosillo for a couple weeks after assembly awaiting parts to perform the recall before shipment. Some more info here.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Something to check on: early 2017 Fusions with LED headlights (including all Sports) were recalled for a headlight mounting problem (I think it was actually a bracket). Some cars built in June (including mine) sat in Hermosillo for a couple weeks after assembly awaiting parts to perform the recall before shipment. Some more info here.
Looks like it's only in Canada where DRLs are required, not in the states where they're optional? But yeah, mine would fall in that time frame.

And yeah, it's got the important options, to my mind: no sun roof and not too many of the cosmetic things but most of the technical ones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts