Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We know the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport is packing a lot of heat as the automaker has already revealed the vehicle’s engine and specs. Now, Ford tells us that the Fusion V6’s sport mode will transform seven drive attributes when activated.

The model’s 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 is capable of producing 325 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque, so long as you use 93 octane fuel, and a 6-speed, paddle-shifted automatic transmission sends power to all four wheels. It’ll also have a new rotary gear shift dial with a sport mode button incorporated into the middle of it.

At the simple push of a button, drivers can put the car into sport mode which will instantaneously change how the car drives in seven ways.

Handling: The continuously controlled dampers will become stiffer with increased damping while cornering to reduce body roll and improve the car’s responsiveness.

Powertrain Sound: Noise cancellation in the cabin will be decreased so more of that sweet engine sound will filter in.

Steering: Adaptive Steering System is tuned to provide a “clean, intuitive feel”.

Transmission: Gears are held longer and won’t shift while the car is cornering. Downshifts are rev-matched under braking to optimize smoothness and when the throttle isn’t depressed, gears are held which results in more engine braking force.

Engine: Electronic throttle programming changed for better response.

Paddle Shifters: Steering wheel paddle shifters become fully active, giving the driver complete control over the transmission.

Cluster: A “Sport” icon spears on the dash cluster.

All this for a starting price of $34,350 including an $875 destination charge.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Powertrain Sound: Noise cancellation in the cabin will be decreased so more of that sweet engine sound will filter in.
Can we please get away from the thought that noise cancellation will be decreased to hear the engine more. More than likely this means they are going to pipe in a more aggressive engine sound. Until that is proven, I am willing to bet that is what it will be.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Can we please get away from the thought that noise cancellation will be decreased to hear the engine more. More than likely this means they are going to pipe in a more aggressive engine sound. Until that is proven, I am willing to bet that is what it will be.
I'm going to go with its being piped in more aggressively.... sit in park and rev the engine... my boxer puppy farts louder 😂😂😂

That said... I love the in cabin sound... generated or not

·
Registered
142 Posts
If only they allowed the paddles to...ya know...actually work when you want them to. Sigh.

·
Registered
868 Posts
If only they allowed the paddles to...ya know...actually work when you want them to. Sigh.
True! I know they aren't going to respond like a DSG, but they are slower to respond than my wife's subaru CVT with paddles (and that's a hippie car!)

·
Registered
158 Posts
True! I know they aren't going to respond like a DSG, but they are slower to respond than my wife's subaru CVT with paddles (and that's a hippie car!)
Agreed - my wife's 2.0 turbo Subaru responds quicker w/ a CVT. However, isn't Subaru just making up a "gear" with the CVT, instead of actually shifting?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Agreed - my wife's 2.0 turbo Subaru responds quicker w/ a CVT. However, isn't Subaru just making up a "gear" with the CVT, instead of actually shifting?
Yes, very much so. But it still does it quicker! Oh well. I'm just learning to live with it. It still shifts faster than I can in a manual so I guess I shouldn't talk too much ish.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have to wonder if temporarily removing the fuses for the audio system amplifiers (Amplifier and Sub-woofer Amplifer) would remove all sound from the cabin and allow the true natural sound be all that is there??

Not sure but it seems like a viable option without disabling other components that may be "required" for normal operation...

Ideas??

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have to wonder if temporarily removing the fuses for the audio system amplifiers (Amplifier and Sub-woofer Amplifer) would remove all sound from the cabin and allow the true natural sound be all that is there??

Not sure but it seems like a viable option without disabling other components that may be "required" for normal operation...

Ideas??
I read in another forum that removing power from the amps works. Fuse 33 in the manual is labeled as "Radio, Active Noise Control".
I have also read the you can disconnect the two microphones (located by driver/passengers head) in the headliner to disable the ANC. I have not tried either.

Another thought. Most of the Ford literature say that sport mode disables/reduces the ANC. However, there are a lot of comments about how sport mode enhances the the engine sound. I know some other cars do this but I don't know about our Sport. You could test it by unplugging the microphones. (Radio would need to still have power.)
-Lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL I like the fact they call a "feature" that the sport mode light lights up....

But this is super good info.. The wife has a 2015 f150 2.7 ecoboost "sport" and I haven't been able to get a bead on what that does.. So I like this info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts