Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lol " fanboys " well I guess I am. Fusion is a better all round daily for me then a rwd cheby!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Stock for stock the fusion would probably be neck and neck with the SS if the fusion had a tune. But when the SS is modded our cars would have no chance. I'll let you guys know how a race will go since my boss has an SS and I'm sure we will race eventually lol.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Was going to come on here and say how I love the sport but its gonna take more than a tune to beat a stock SS as long as traction is decent. Decided to do a quick Google search before I put my foot in my mouth and was surprised to find car and drivers 1/4 mile on a 2015 manual SS was 13.0. 0-60 was 4.6. The quarter mile surprised me, even though speed was 111mph. I really do like the SS though. Had I somehow caught one when they were selling them at 20% off, I may be driving one now.

Glad I got the Sport. SS = 14mpg city, RWD and apparently not that much faster.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just can't get over the look of them. The Sport definitely has it beat in that department.

Reactions: D&D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I find the commentary interesting as no one had actually seen or driven a FuSpo, yet had a formed opinion. I've never driven a Chevy SS and would not be so quick to make statements without any first hand knowledge or documented reference points. Not to state we (collectively as a forum) don't do that as well. At least one of the members has some experience with an Edge for reference point. I am willing to bet GM follows suit with a V6 TT version to replace the V8, similar to the power plant from the ATS.

I own both a '16 Edge Sport and '17 FuSpo so can speak from a stock point of view that both vehicles feel very different even though the engine and drivetrain are the same. FuSpo is much quicker, agile, and definitely lighter. Suspensions on both are stiffer than their non-Sport counterparts (reference to the mag-ride on SS and comment about "soft" suspension). Definitely value for the money is with the blue oval badge. I've also had the Audi counterparts to both the FuSpo ('14 Audi S4) and Edge Sport ('15 Audi SQ5), each were in the $60k+ range. While the power delivery of a supercharged 3.0L more linear and fit and finish are significantly better, it is not worth the additional $20k+ per vehicle than the Fords.

As a side note, I also recently had a '17 Mustang GT rental car. While I loved the V-8 sound and power, the heavy steering, rough ride, ease of entry/exit, finding the seat belt strap and actually being able to reach it left me appreciating the FuSpo that much more. I know....apples to orange comparison...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I just saw an SS at the grocery store. I wasn't impressed with the looks at all. Kinda ugly. Too bad, I didn't have the Sport.
Between the looks and the RWD only, that is why I didn't get the SS. I don't think it looks good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sadly it looks like a big Cavalier. I wish they looked better...not sure if I could buy a Chevy... but I think I could consider an SS because it's a four door with a stick! Too bad...

·
Registered
11 Posts
The SS looks dated. The Fusion is prettt fresh with the 17 update. Plus AWD in the Fusion makes it a great everyday car.

No idea about the magnaride but don't think they know about our variable suspension.
Agreed. Also saw an SS today. Not a bad looking car, but does look a bit gaudy with the chrome side molding and hood scoops. Doesn't look as contemporary as the FuSpo.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I love the SS. It has been one of my favorite cars since the previous generation came to the states (the G8). But the fusion sport is more practical for me since it's my only car at the moment and offers awd for these Michigan winters. The SS is the perfect weekend/ nice day car. The fusion sport offers better snow slaying capabilities lol.

·
Registered
246 Posts
To my eyes the SS manages to look both poorly designed, and also more dated, when compared to the G8. I thoughts the G8 was a very cool car, and while the SS shares the "important" bits with the G8, the styling just looks so wonky. I actually really like the look of the current impala and the malibu, I think they are both handsome cars, which is why the SS is even more disappointing. Chevy's fastest sedan also happens to be the most dopey looking...

And besides, its dying anyway

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
491 Posts
I considered replacing my G8 GT with an SS when they first hit the market (soon after killing Pontiac) but was turned off by the styling and even more by the price. My G8 was just over 30k and it looks like a wedge with big wheels. Still beautiful to this day, imo, when I unwrap it to start it up I smile every time. When you hit the gas in that thing its like being smashed with a sledgehammer, just hold on tight, keep the ass end in check and enjoy the sound.

The SS is too soft looking and at the time was over 50k. That was more than the G8 GXP which was over priced at the time it came out. I think GM tried to make it a luxury sedan with a powerful engine and killed the spirit of the underlying vehicle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would have seriously considered the SS if I didn't live in Chicago. AWD was a must for me with this car purchase. I drive the same route to work every day with a white SS and I think it's not a bad looking car. This guy has driven the car all winter. Maybe now that the weather is getting nice next time I catch him at a light we can see if the tuned sport keeps up.

Reactions: Knightfall
1 - 20 of 24 Posts