Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
does anyone know if a 2018 se bumper would fit the 2018 sport?
Hi jtcalpo. Yes, but keep in mind a new bumper cover does not come with all the trim pieces attached, i.e. the grille, lower grille, foglight surrounds, trim and other fascia pieces (unless you buy one from a Salvage Yard etc). So you will also need to replace any and/or all trim and fascia pieces that are not the same on the bumper covers. Also, a lower trim level SE bumper cover will not necessarily have the openings to mount all the sensors that the Sport can come equipped with. And it will need to be painted.

Hope that explanation is clear. Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
does anyone know if a 2018 se bumper would fit the 2018 sport?
Umm... why do you want to mount a SE fascia to a Sport? Not 100% sure, but I think Sport's have a redesigned fascia for air flow reasons and for the extra coolers. Also, if you're Sport is equipped with the 401A package that has all the extra tech goodies, a sport fascia may be required due to the positions of the extra sensors and such.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not to mention that air passage for the trans cooler on the driver side.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The SE front end is the same as a Titnaium front end, you either do or don't have sensors on any trim level. However as others have said, only the Sport provides the larger lower-grille opening and the trans cooler intake. You could take off the lower grille sure, but covering the trans cooler would be an incredibly poor choice. I'm not sure why you would do this swap...

Reactions: ArthurUSCG
1 - 5 of 5 Posts