Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I swear those photos look like they are photoshopped.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think part of it is the markings on the car because it's a prototype always make them stand out like crazy from everything else in the picture. But I'm always a little skeptical of how these things are "accidentally" spotted and people manage to get such good pictures (usually from multiple angles) like that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I already hate it. The distance from front wheel arch to fender top is ridiculous. CD2 platform? It’s a Focus, not a Fusion. Look at the rear 3/4 picture...see how underneath the screen fabric cover you can see the roofline and backlight is sloping much lower than the false height of whatever is propping up the covering. Like I said before, I really hate that lumpy, humpy look that every small CUV these days seems to favor. I was really hoping for a true Fusion wagon. My wife said she’d ditch her Outback in a second if Ford brought back her beloved Freestyle or a Fusion based tall wagon. Oh well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my wife was a pretty big fan of the Freestyle too. I'm not an SUV guy but those were pretty nice as far as such things go. We were both fans of the Taurus, though, so I guess that makes sense, although we preferred the generation before this last Taurus, back when they were more of a midsize (like early 2000s I think). I don't think I'll ever understand this SUV craze. Every time one is in front of me and has to slow to almost a complete stop to make a turn ahead of me, I cringe. Our car isn't a cornering beast but I can take a corner in my FFS (especially in sport mode) way faster than any SUV I've seen. And I'm not even running any bolt-ons for handling.

·
Registered
406 Posts
When Ford restyled and lengthened the Freestyle into the Flex it just ruined it for my wife. She appreciated the extra space, better 3.5l V6, and the real transmission, but the refrigerator box styling absolutely disgusted her. She kept her ‘05 Freestyle Limited AWD for 13 years and 135,000 miles. By the end, we couldn’t even find some of the parts on the aftermarket. It just wore out and she bought the Outback because it was the only other choice, not because she loved it much. Nothing was going to compare to the Freestyle anyway. She drove a 2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer AWD before that, and never had a car as small as the Freestyle in her life until then. It was just the right compromise of size, space, handling, and performance for her.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use to see stuff like this all the time back when I had my horses just up in Michigan, I,ve been passed by Raptors on 127 up by Lansing hauling ass at night, the three lights in the hood gave it away what passed me later when we first seen them in public. I,d catch all kinds of stuff on 23, new focus's with the door handles covered up and de badged, but hey never mind the oval in the deck lid, LOL. Ford tested a lot of new engine designs in of all things a plain jane E 150 I know, I,ve been told. I think they did a lot of hwy testing between Dearborn and Toledo, come down 23 to 75 in Perrysburg then back up 75 back to Detroit. They also like testing at night, been up there and seen some weird stuff. Lack of light is in their favor if they get some crazies chasing them trying to get a good pic. I was on 23 one day, caught a couple what I would say were new MKX's. Lifted my phone up to get a pic and the guy nailed it and tried to leave me in his dust, LOL. I just wanted to see what they would do. Told a friend of mine, it would have been to fun if I was riding with someone and just happen to have one of my camera's, Oh the fear in the drivers eyes, LOL>

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was working for a major aluminum producer when we were part of the aluminum F150 project. One evening while staying at the Dearborn Inn across the way from Ford R&D, I was strolling around the grounds and saw what was recognizably a Mustang parked under a car cover in a vacant lot adjacent to the hotel grounds. It was a breezy summer night and the rear corner of the cover was fluttering up, revealing the right rear corner of the car. Yep, Mustang taillights and fender, but the rear bumper and valence were missing. Clearly visible underneath was an independent rear suspension! The lot was fenced but the fence simply ended at the inn’s property line so I started casually walking over to the car. I was holding back the cover with my left hand, bending down and reaching for my BlackBerry on my right hip to take a picture when suddenly I hear “PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR, SIR!” Ford security had rolled up in one of those weird little electric commuters they used to build, and I never heard the tires because of the wind blowing! Scared the living crap out of me! I was like “oh, I was afraid the cover was going to blow away,” and they told me they’d take care of it and I should leave the property immediately! Everyone involved in the project had signed confidentiality and non-disclosures to be on the team and I was terrified they were going to report me and I would lose my job! But they just rousted me out and then they moved the car. Phew!! So I got to see the aluminum F150 and the IRS Mustang from there first test mules. It was a great job to have!!

Reactions: DarkArkAngel
1 - 8 of 8 Posts