Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on line the other day, the EVOS has the elements of a wagon, a sedan, and crossover. If you search Ford EVOS you can fins the article, I am reading the article on Car and Driver. It was shown at the Shanghai auto show on 4/19/21. You can check out the article for yourselves. I don't think it looks bad at all.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
China is large enough to be it's own vehicle market (and for the most part, most companies already treat it as such). Ford has already confirmed this particular vehicle is not, and will never be, a replacement for the Mondeo, and I don't see why they would bring it here either - especially since it's been developed with Chinese partnerships.

Personally, I would be happier without seeing these on NA roads. Now, that Lincoln Zephyr Reflection concept.... that one I'll take!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Short rant: I can't stand the CUV craze. Everyone wants a stupid little crossover so sedans are dying off! If I had to replace my Sport today... the only brand new good option I can think of is the Mazda3, now that they make it with AWD and a turbo. Beyond that nothing appeals to me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Short rant: I can't stand the CUV craze. Everyone wants a stupid little crossover so sedans are dying off! If I had to replace my Sport today... the only brand new good option I can think of is the Mazda3, now that they make it with AWD and a turbo. Beyond that nothing appeals to me.
I kind of agree with you. The K5. GT and Sonata N line have the power but they are both FWD. I know the Stinger is having some trouble getting parts for warranty work so that may trickle down to the K5 Gt if you could find one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
EVOS is the form factor of a SUV with a LCD bar from a Mercedes as dashboard.
Awful.
The FFS is a little too long and heavy for nowadays.
The good starting point is the Audi A5 sedan, the Kia Stinger. or the new Acura TLX Sport.
Next car for me may be the TLX Sport.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The FFS and the Stinger are almost the same size and weight within inches. The TLX is an Acura not a Honda Accord.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not the CX3 then. Even comes with a sport badge. Lol.

There's not a lot of choice in our market. Charger and Maxima are long in the tooth and although I like the look of Mazda 6 and Camry, they're don't excite me. Unfortunately the European options are a bit pricey and service cost is also prohibitive. If you also want AWD, we're a bit stuck. May have to go used (Genesis, Audi, Mercedes etc) but again service of these cars will be pricey. Chinese imports won't hit my list for quite a while.
I've said it before as has many others, the FFS is going to be in my garage for quite a while - until maybe when I win the lottery.

Reactions: Engineer and LeVeL
1 - 9 of 9 Posts