Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my vehicle through the dealership three weeks ago yesterday and my order was placed three weeks ago tomorrow... I finally got the order number and dealer code from my salesman and even know it's been going on three weeks now there is zero information about my order... MY QUESTION IS, HOW LONG BETWEEN THE TIME YOUR ORDER WAS PLACED TO WHEN IT SHOWED ANYTHING ON THE TRACKING WEBSITE???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well they probably haven't started building your car yet, just have the order in line. Even when they do start to build your car it should only say "at the plant" and once done there "in transit". There won't be a whole lot of information unfortunately.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think that since the dealer said "5-6 weeks till it's here", the day I ordered it over three weeks ago... and is still standing by that number when I ask... that some info would be available

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just keep watching. My car took several weeks to show up on the website and took a total of 13 weeks to arrive at the dealer. Refresh the page a few times a day until it shows up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm impatient... lol
I was impatient too and had my salesrep do some searching around
at other ford dealers in the area to see what they had available.

He found a car for me, only thing was that is was magnetic instead of
burgandy Velvat, so I took it.

The car I ordered did not arrive for another 6 weeks...

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
Mine never appeared on Ford's tracking website. What you can do is call Ford's Marketing Department (just Google their phone number), say you ordered a vehicle and wanted to see what the status of it is. It'll take 5-10 minutes, but they'll happily give you your VIN, ETA, and status as they become available if you simply give them the dealer # & order info if your dealer isn't giving any info.

In my case, they were even able to give me my VIN a few weeks before my dealer saw it in their system, and the dealer never knew what the delivery date was until I let them know it was already on the train for 2 days at that point.

But overall, I got my VIN & build date 5 weeks after putting in my order, it was built 5.5 weeks later, and I took delivery a long & painful 1.5 weeks after it that.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Mine never appeared on Ford's tracking website. What you can do is call Ford's Marketing Department (just Google their phone number), say you ordered a vehicle and wanted to see what the status of it is. It'll take 5-10 minutes, but they'll happily give you your VIN, ETA, and status as they become available if you simply give them the dealer # & order info if your dealer isn't giving any info.

In my case, they were even able to give me my VIN a few weeks before my dealer saw it in their system, and the dealer never knew what the delivery date was until I let them know it was already on the train for 2 days at that point.

But overall, I got my VIN & build date 5 weeks after putting in my order, it was built 5.5 weeks later, and I took delivery a long & painful 1.5 weeks after it that.

It took 3 months to get your car?!
Crap, I was thinking a month, I hope my POS MKZ can stay together that long.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am in same boat... hope my recently out of warranty focus stays together till mine comes in
That's funny. My 2012 Ford Focus SEL's DCT let go so badly that they had to replace the case all while my Fusion Sport was languishing at the dealer. No warranty and $3,200.00 later.

At least they were able to fix it in a couple days.
I'm sure you will have better luck!

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
It took 3 months to get your car?!
Crap, I was thinking a month, I hope my POS MKZ can stay together that long.
Yeah, it was a painful 3 months, haha. I should have mentioned, I placed my order a week or two after they started accepting Sport orders. They build about 200 Sports, put those 200 on hold after assembly to perform a quality inspection over a few weeks, then started production again. Supposedly, normal time is around 6-8 weeks. I am more of a "worst case scenario" timeline.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered my vehicle through the dealership three weeks ago yesterday and my order was placed three weeks ago tomorrow... I finally got the order number and dealer code from my salesman and even know it's been going on three weeks now there is zero information about my order... MY QUESTION IS, HOW LONG BETWEEN THE TIME YOUR ORDER WAS PLACED TO WHEN IT SHOWED ANYTHING ON THE TRACKING WEBSITE???
The Ford custom order tracker site SUCKS!!!! Have you tried Etis???
https://www.etis.ford.com/
click vehicle and put in your VIN

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeah, it was a painful 3 months, haha. I should have mentioned, I placed my order a week or two after they started accepting Sport orders. They build about 200 Sports, put those 200 on hold after assembly to perform a quality inspection over a few weeks, then started production again. Supposedly, normal time is around 6-8 weeks. I am more of a "worst case scenario" timeline.
****, I ordered in July, and didn't get my car till October. It wasn't just you, but I think you and I have had the longest waits on these. Yours for ordering so early, mine for god knows what reason...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don't have a vin... just order number and dealer code... I'm guessing vin can't be provided until it's stamped to car
When I ordered my Focus RS and was in the RS forum, there was a Ford rep in there that went by @fordservice. You could send them you order number and dealer code and they would give you a VIN within a few days, sometimes same day. That handle, @fordservice, works on facebook and twitter. Try to inbox them with your order number and dealer number to see if they can help you. Your dealer can also get it if he isn't lazy......dealers just take a little longer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't have a vin... just order number and dealer code... I'm guessing vin can't be provided until it's stamped to car
The VIN is assigned when the car is scheduled to be built and all the parts are committed, typically about a week before actual assembly. I think it's called the "blend date." With the VIN you can look up the sticker to make sure they ordered the right car -- which hopefully they did, since it can't be changed after that point. You can get the actual assembly date from etis after it is built (don't be shocked if it looks like they built you a "Transit Connect").

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would think that since the dealer said "5-6 weeks till it's here", the day I ordered it over three weeks ago... and is still standing by that number when I ask... that some info would be available
5-6 weeks is not realistic. Mine took a day short of 12. It takes two weeks just to travel from Mexico.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The VIN is assigned when the car is scheduled to be built and all the parts are committed, typically about a week before actual assembly. I think it's called the "blend date." With the VIN you can look up the sticker to make sure they ordered the right car -- which hopefully they did, since it can't be changed after that point. You can get the actual assembly date from etis after it is built (don't be shocked if it looks like they built you a "Transit Connect").
The window sticker isn't made until the vehicle is built and on it's way from the plant, and loaded on its train/truck/boat/whatever is shipping the vehicle....... etis will show info, WAAAY before a sticker is made. My Focus Rs was showing in etis for 4 months, before it was placed on a ship, and ONLY THEN was a window sticker visible.... Etis is the way to go, in my opinion. That sticker is just some extra mess to clean off the window when you receive the car!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The window sticker isn't made until the vehicle is built and on it's way from the plant, and loaded on its train/truck/boat/whatever is shipping the vehicle....... etis will show info, WAAAY before a sticker is made. My Focus Rs was showing in etis for 4 months, before it was placed on a ship, and ONLY THEN was a window sticker visible.... Etis is the way to go, in my opinion. That sticker is just some extra mess to clean off the window when you receive the car!!!
So I will need to wait for a vin to look up on Eli's right?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So I will need to wait for a vin to look up on Eli's right?
Yes.
The steps are (from what i can remember from ordering the RS):
1. order is placed
2. order is selected for scheduling
3. VIN is created with the selected build date
4. VIN is able to be pulled up in ETIS a few BUSINESS days later.
5. Etis will display your build date in the format of DD/MM/YY Days/Months/Years
6. Etis is only going to have you primary features. the minor features will fill out once it's about to leave the factory.
7. Window Sticker gets created and becomes available during transit. The window sticker itself has shipping information along the top and bottom edges.......so the sticker CANT be created before they know what truck/train/whatever it's in.
FYI: Like the other guy said..... it might tell you that the vehicle is a 2002 Transit. This picture is MY Fusion Sport VIN..... My 'transit' rides pretty smooth!.... Lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts