Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second time out here. My mom came from New Orleans for my birthday and we love the beach, so took the FFS to the land of FX4s and Z71s and Rubicons.
5D252DC9-C612-4CCA-8D0F-DF4D811236FD.jpeg

Second angle to show how far down the beach we came. About 1.5 Miles, no issues at all. Beach is recommended 4x4 but we didn’t struggle.
C871E18F-9214-4B58-A507-9956B96EE1D8.jpeg
bonus “stay golden” sun protector😂

·
Registered
647 Posts
Once while visiting Michigan’s Upper Peninsula in the FuSport, the wife and I decided to visit a “point of interest” on the tourism map. She’s driving and we turn down a gravel road (many of the roads were gravel, so no worries) in a heavily wooded area, that gradually became less and less of a road, until we were creeping Moab style through these huge sippy holes, getting inches from trees to dodge the really deep ones, and telling each other “we’ve come this far, no sense turning back”. All the time sweating bullets that we don’t get stuck. Out of nowhere this huge mud caked Chevy 4x4 crew cab from a logging company comes the other way, and pulls up next to us. He’s leaning out his window looking down at us like we’re aliens and he says “how the Hell did you get this far??!!” And my wife in this cheerful voice says “oh, it’s all-wheel drive!” LOL!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is some funny stuff😂😂 we just watched a guy in a Jeep help a gentlemen in a 2WD Pilot pull off his front bumper.

I say the same thing to the people at the beach ramp that say that. “You’re not gonna make it out there...,” “Nah, it’s all wheel drive😊”

thanks for the hearty laugh 😂

Reactions: Tenn Sport

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If the abrasiveness wouldn't tear everything up I'd have an uncontrollable urge to do donuts in that situation. On the sand. :cool: But you know....... Don't try this at home. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
647 Posts
I think there’s some evidence that the average Fusion Sport owner is slightly more......let’s say “juvenile“ than most. At least I know I am! I love squealing the tires, doing donuts, doing a “Rockford Turn”, all that awesome crazy fun stuff from when I first learned to drive!
I also get perverse pleasure from watching people learn about automotive physics the hard way!! Ha!

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day two:
FB09BC39-C290-462D-81DE-D96DD896E6ED.jpeg
Officer in a 4x4 F150 stopped us and I told him we probably have the same engine. He told me we wouldn’t get far. Thanked him for his concern and followed him a mile down the beach... it barely even slips; doesn’t stress the diff at all it seems. Highly encourage slippery situations! I usually drive pretty slow in the rain but I think I want to try a few pouring wet standing starts.

Our diff is not a TVD right?

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yes, it transfers between front and rear axles but not side to side like the Lincoln. My car had a screen with a little cartoon showing which axle and how much of the power is going to it. It’s cool to watch in the winter...but not too closely!! Ha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts