Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can the fog lights be re-aimed side-to-side? I loved the fog lights on my old Acura TL because they did a good job illuminating the sides of the road (great on unlit back roads) but in the Fusion I can't even tell if they're on or off. I've searched but no luck.

Edit for anyone who finds this thread in the future: turns out there is no way to adjust the fog lights horizontally. For vertical adjustment instructions, see my notes in post #10.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The factory LED fog lights cannot be horizontally adjusted.

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's the factory service manual. The LED foglamps used on the Fusion Sport are the same ones they use on a lot of other Fords, and they are garbage. If I turn the low and high beams on as well as the fogs, it's still not as good as just the low beams on my 2018 Explorer. On my Explorer, it's a base XLT AWD, and I never once regretted the lack of foglights because the fogs are worthless.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Either can subscribe to it through motorcraftservice.com (I think 72hrs is like $20), or I'd go through Helm directly. You can go through eBay, but for our cars it's digital only. So either $10 for a sketchy PDF that may not be accurate or authentic, or the authentic CDs are actually a little more than just going right through Helm directly.

Keep in mind tho, the service manual isn't for inexperienced people (not saying you are - just a general warning), it's far from the Chilton and Haynes guides. The shop manual definitely assumes you have some knowledge about working on cars. But still very helpful - contains steps for larger tasks, DTCs, some module flows, wiring, etc.

Edit: If you have a '17, get the 2018 year... Learned that the hard way, they missed some 2017 refresh changes so random things are just wrong.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
994 Posts
The new Chilton guides are just reprints of the factory service manual, at least the online version. It even has the same 3D colored diagrams in PDF form.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I could never find one, but upon examining the fog lights, there appears to be an adjuster aiming towards the ground. Looks like you'd need a ratchet with phillips bit or remove the lower air dam.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is, in fact, an adjuster screw that can be accessed from underneath the car without taking off any panels or the air dam. I had to jack up the car in order to see better but there is a hole directly under the fog light (parallel to the ground) and if you look into it you'll see a white plastic phillips screw - that's the vertical adjustment screw for the fog light. It's pretty far up there - my 4" screwdriver didn't reach it and the handle was too thick to fit through the hole; I ended up using nearly a foot of extensions to reach the adjustment screw. It turns very easily by hand. I had the fog lights turned on while I was adjusting them so I could see in real time exactly how much I was raising/lowering them.

Tip: measure the height of the cutoff on both sides of the car before jacking the car up. Calculate how much you need to adjust each side, then jack up and measure that delta from the cutoff again. This way when you drop the car back down both cutoffs should be at the height you wanted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts