Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the consensus on this? My next mod will be between the two, exhaust is a bit cheaper but pretty sure FMIC is going to be the gain king just looking for opinons

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is the consensus on this? My next mod will be between the two, exhaust is a bit cheaper but pretty sure FMIC is going to be the gain king just looking for opinons
Are you going to track your FS? I've read many reports that an FMIC upgrade really doesn't do much for the daily/spirited driver. I don't track my FS, so I have been hesitant to spend the 1000+ to upgrade the FMIC. At the same time, some report they feel considerable gains with the FMIC upgrade. YMMV.

As far as the exhaust, it is another area where I read performance gains are 0 unless you go the catless route. It seems most do it to get better sound from the vehicle. I too have been debating these upgrades for quite some time...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fmic is noticible, moreso in higher rpms, maybe 5000+. I imagine exhaust would be similar situation but probably not going to add 20hp/30ftlbs like a fmic would. Comes down to if you want a loud car or a quiet one. I stick with quiet. Leave the loud exhausts to mustangs and camaros just my opinion.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I did exhaust first just because I only have 2,400mi on the car so far and don't want to do potentially warranty affecting work yet. Much happier with the sound. Maybe some slight gains, but I doubt it, probably just in my head cause it sounds faster.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Fmic was the single best mod I've done to any car I've owned. Half the time the car felt like it had some nuts. Half the time bloop, nothing. That's heatsoak. My iat2s were 140+ sometimes. Today the highest my iat2 got was 55* sitting in a drive thru. Was 40* ambient. No more heatsoak (at all) happy car.

·
Registered
987 Posts
The heatsoak is apparent at the track, not really on daily driving. Yes the MCT/IAT2 can go 100F above ambient at WOT but on the street, this cools down very quickly due to continuous airflow. Idling, my MCT/IAT2 with stock intercooler is never much higher than ambient because it is the street. The track is a different story.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for everyone's opinions. I do take my car to the track and I have ordered the UP FMIC. But due to everything going on the shipment is going to be delayed, which is understandable.

·
Registered
224 Posts
They warned me mine would take I think 3-4 weeks to make. It was at my front door like 9 days later. Not saying you'll have the same experience but.... just telling you mine. :)
I seriously cant say enough about the quality of the unit you'll see when you get it, and it becomes double apparent when you pull the stock unit out..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They warned me mine would take I think 3-4 weeks to make. It was at my front door like 9 days later. Not saying you'll have the same experience but.... just telling you mine. :)
I seriously cant say enough about the quality of the unit you'll see when you get it, and it becomes double apparent when you pull the stock unit out..
Mine just showed up today, oddly about 9 days 😂 that with the RMM going to hopefully install this weekend. Very excited 😁

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just did the UP FMIC and cp-e RRM and I am VERY happy with the difference in this car! This car screams on the high end now especially with the Unleashed 93 tune!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts