Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ike,

Hope this helps you out.

To install, reverse the removal procedure..

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Word. Thanks Tom. Little more effort than I hoped for. But still not that bad.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing a little sharpie couldn't fix!

Also on white or silver it probably wouldn't even show!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got an email back from Dawn saying that it won't fit over the stock spoiler's holes. FYI to all..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know. I was really trying to spend $220, too. #epicfail

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yuck.....you can see the tape...........And i'm sorry.....stickers fail, randomly............i've seen people driving and parts flying off their car on the freeway because they used Stickers.......you can call it 3M all you want............it's still a Sticker!
lmao
just being honest!

Anyone swapping out the rear wing for something more flush? I hate how it is hard to clean under the stock one and just seems like a dirt collector. Anyone know how the stock one is attached?

For: FORD FUSION; PAINTED Spoiler Wing 3M Tape-On NO DRILL Install 2013-2016 | eBay

Good video walk around view at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDNVClaBsE&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yuck.....you can see the tape...........And i'm sorry.....stickers fail, randomly............i've seen people driving and parts flying off their car on the freeway because they used Stickers.......you can call it 3M all you want............it's still a Sticker!
lmao
just being honest!
LOL, it should make you happy to know that none of us will be installing this since it won't fit on our cars. Unless you want bolt holes showing from the factory spoiler.

·
Registered
246 Posts
3M tape is no "sticker"

By saying so, you belittle the hours and hours of research and testing work it takes for the chemical engineers that make this stuff. To come up with the sort of amazing adhesive that is both incredibly strong AND doesn't ruin the paint is so much more than just a "sticker"

does everyone use 3M tape? no, and that's probably the people you see with flopping parts, because they're cheap...

I had a flush mount spoiler on my last car. it was bolted through the trunk lid, I'd assume by the dealer where it was bought originally. When those bolts failed, at freeway speed, I removed what was left of the bolts and reattached the whole thing with 3M tape instead and never had a problem with it for the next two years driving from Columbus to Cleveland and back every single week until I traded it for my fusion

but no, really, keep calling it a sticker.

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
346 Posts
3m tape is no "sticker"

by saying so, you belittle the hours and hours of research and testing work it takes for the chemical engineers that make this stuff. To come up with the sort of amazing adhesive that is both incredibly strong and doesn't ruin the paint is so much more than just a "sticker"

does everyone use 3m tape? No, and that's probably the people you see with flopping parts, because they're cheap...

I had a flush mount spoiler on my last car. It was bolted through the trunk lid, i'd assume by the dealer where it was bought originally. When those bolts failed, at freeway speed, i removed what was left of the bolts and reattached the whole thing with 3m tape instead and never had a problem with it for the next two years driving from columbus to cleveland and back every single week until i traded it for my fusion

but no, really, keep calling it a sticker.
hey! My mother was murdered by a 3m sticker!! >:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
LOL, it should make you happy to know that none of us will be installing this since it won't fit on our cars. Unless you want bolt holes showing from the factory spoiler.
Could always buy a non-sport trunk and then put the flush mount spoiler on that

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could always buy a non-sport trunk and then put the flush mount spoiler on that
Ok, now we're getting real out there! LOL Not to say the thought didn't cross my mind, but that's wayy too much effort for a spoiler I'm not even sure that I'd like once it's in the car.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Here is a question replacing the trunk of the fusion sport with the trunk and taillights a few **** without our chrome bar across the top back is that doable or is that not even a thing?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Also I have a set of the flush mount spoiler is there a spoiler that they make that would fit the four holes in our trunk that already exist and it's taller than the spoiler that already comes on our cars?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Also I have a set of the flush mount spoiler is there a spoiler that they make that would fit the four holes in our trunk that already exist and it's taller than the spoiler that already comes on our cars?
Ive searched and no luck thus far. Only one that was taller used risers under the pedestals and it would good if the risers were body color and blended. Let me see if I can find the thread/pic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts