Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled out to freeway waiting for metering and hit pothole, probably going 30ish.

Tire pressure alerted me to low pressure and i pulled over and sure enough, air leak high in the side wall in tread. Hopefully fixable, otherwise ill tell you how much Discount tire charges for the all season in San Diego.

I really want to say i wasn't going that fast at all, so LOL at this anti pothole system.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the goodyear all seasons.

Holy heck does ford roadside take forever.

Guess i should have called aaa.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pulled out to freeway waiting for metering and hit pothole, probably going 30ish.

Tire pressure alerted me to low pressure and i pulled over and sure enough, air leak high in the side wall in tread. Hopefully fixable, otherwise ill tell you how much Discount tire charges for the all season in San Diego.

I really want to say i wasn't going that fast at all, so LOL at this anti pothole system.
If you didn't have active suspension, the pothole would have swallowed the entire car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
same thing just happened to me last week. I've got the goodyears as well, sidewall was damaged. Tire replacement was 260 including mounting and balancing for me. I almost think that the system works better if you hit the pothole straight on. I tried to straddle and caught the sidewall on the edge of the hole. I think it might have been better if I had just let it try to "float" right over the middle by itself.

Also, I got a police report and the repair invoice sent to the city it happened in and I'll (eventually) get reimbursed by the city's insurance. Might be worth a shot, the worst they can say is no... I've only got 2500 miles on mine so new tires weren't even on the radar, so the city obliged. Possible silver lining! Still sucks anyway

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
same thing just happened to me last week. I've got the goodyears as well, sidewall was damaged. Tire replacement was 260 including mounting and balancing for me. I almost think that the system works better if you hit the pothole straight on. I tried to straddle and caught the sidewall on the edge of the hole. I think it might have been better if I had just let it try to "float" right over the middle by itself.

Also, I got a police report and the repair invoice sent to the city it happened in and I'll (eventually) get reimbursed by the city's insurance. Might be worth a shot, the worst they can say is no... I've only got 2500 miles on mine so new tires weren't even on the radar, so the city obliged. Possible silver lining! Still sucks anyway

Where did you get it for $260???

Discount wanted $320, but i'd have to wait at least 5 days, went to a Goodyear tire center and i'll have it tomorrow, but it'll be $340 + tax.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sidewall damages can't be repaired. Sorry to be a pessimist,

I know, i was mad and cold and was hoping it was higher up than it was.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like your blaming the flat on the pot hole detection system?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, not really, i'm just saying you would think this wouldn't happen..especially at 30 MPH...45, 60? sure...not 30.

But i guess its better to learn the lesson now...*shrug*

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wouldn't care about the tire as much as I would care about the RIM at that point. You should check and see if the rim is still in pristine condition.

I would also check on local town/county policies regarding potholes. Most of them reimburse. May take up to a year but they should. Hope you took some pictures

·
Registered
246 Posts
Where did you get it for $260???

Discount wanted $320, but i'd have to wait at least 5 days, went to a Goodyear tire center and i'll have it tomorrow, but it'll be $340 + tax.
I went to the service department at my dealership. For context I'm in Ohio, so it might be cheaper where I'm at than where you're at.

Still sucks, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
230 Posts
No, not really, i'm just saying you would think this wouldn't happen..especially at 30 MPH...45, 60? sure...not 30.
But i guess its better to learn the lesson now...*shrug*
I think the faster you are going the better chance of NOT having damage. The pothole mitigation seems to work better at higher speeds. It's seems to only be able to "lock" the wheel up for so long. At 10 MPH the wheel will hit the bottom of the hold for sure. At 50 it just skims over it.
-Lee

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could be right!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are evidently two versions of my tires, and they ordered the wrong one.

So I'll have it tomorrow, Thursday at latest, and $50 less than quoted.

That price includes roadside damage replacement.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 16 of 16 Posts