Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here but I've been on the facebook group for a few years. Took my car to the dealer to figure out a cooled seat issue, and they csnt communicate with the PCM. I am going to talk to the tech tomorrow but I was on an LMS 93 Octane tune and flashed back to stock 2 weeks ago. Not sure what to do to get the PCM communicating properly so they can try again to diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Pull the battery cable and wait a bit. Hook it back up. Hit it with Forscan and see what DTCs you've got. Actually I would do that before pulling the cable too. If it flat won't talk at all to your Obdii reader either your PCM/cabling/maybe the gateway module...... The connector itself under your dash..... Trying to think what else it could be. Anyhow that's just what I'd do if it were me. I'm no expert though. Maybe you shouldn't rely too much on my advice. ;) Good luck though!

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you are using the Older style Livernois tuner, then it is not your true stock tune you loaded. You have to email them to get them to upload the stock tune to the cloud. The tunes are too big to all fit so they had to do it this way. It is only the older Tuner that does this. The new Mycal touch has plenty of space.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I feel your pain. I had to take my car in for a software update shortly after purchasing my car (CPO). The service department had a really hard time getting into my PCM. They wanted to know if I had a tune on the car. I told them no, I just purchased the car. They ended up having to use some kind of "backdoor" to get into the PCM. It wasn't until later, when I decide to put a tune on my car that Torrie @ Unleashed informed me that my car had a Livernois tune already on it. He had to send me a stock tune to load in order for me to have a good base line for him to develop my new Unleashed tune. With SCT Tuner, I can always go back to stock

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you are using the Older style Livernois tuner, then it is not your true stock tune you loaded. You have to email them to get them to upload the stock tune to the cloud. The tunes are too big to all fit so they had to do it this way. It is only the older Tuner that does this. The new Mycal touch has plenty of space.
Yep. Have to request.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts