Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

firstfusion17

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Franti 
Bought my first Fusion two weeks ago, a black Sport, after dumping my 2015 Volvo S60 lemon, a POS if there ever was one.
Was immediately struck by the higher quality workmanship on the Sport, the smoother, quieter ride, the precise handling, and, of course, the more muscular performance.
Can't understand all the angst over 0-60. Yesterday, at 450 miles on the odometer and after filling up with 93, I floored it and was slammed back into the seat unlike any car I've ever had, which includes a Porsche 911 in my misspent youth. It seemed to get to 60 and beyond in fine fettle, even though there were two people in the car. What real-life application does 0-60 have anyway? My Sport was scary quick from 35 to 85 and soared from 60 to 80 literally in the blink of an eye. It also has a charming growl during acceleration. I'm looking forward to running more 93 and seeing how it performs after break-in period.
The only negative I've detected is mushy shifting, though that seems to be disappearing as I drive the car more.
As someone who just recently purchased a CPO S60 T6 R-Design over the Fusion Sport. Could you tell me more :)

Was your S60 a T5 or T6? Did you have the Polestar optimization? What problems did you have with the Volvo? and what do you like most about the Fusion when compared to the S60?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.