Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first Fusion two weeks ago, a black Sport, after dumping my 2015 Volvo S60 lemon, a POS if there ever was one.
Was immediately struck by the higher quality workmanship on the Sport, the smoother, quieter ride, the precise handling, and, of course, the more muscular performance.
Can't understand all the angst over 0-60. Yesterday, at 450 miles on the odometer and after filling up with 93, I floored it and was slammed back into the seat unlike any car I've ever had, which includes a Porsche 911 in my misspent youth. It seemed to get to 60 and beyond in fine fettle, even though there were two people in the car. What real-life application does 0-60 have anyway? My Sport was scary quick from 35 to 85 and soared from 60 to 80 literally in the blink of an eye. It also has a charming growl during acceleration. I'm looking forward to running more 93 and seeing how it performs after break-in period.
The only negative I've detected is mushy shifting, though that seems to be disappearing as I drive the car more.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi firstfusion17, I am glad to hear your positive comments on your sport. I currently have a 16 Titanium AWD and I today picked up my'17 sport. I haven't really floored it at all but it is obvious that there is significant torque from this engine. I never had any complaints about the 2.0 Turbo, but this thing is quick with even a modest push of the pedal! Once I get a 1K miles on I will know for sure how quick it is!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bought my first Fusion two weeks ago, a black Sport, after dumping my 2015 Volvo S60 lemon, a POS if there ever was one.
Was immediately struck by the higher quality workmanship on the Sport, the smoother, quieter ride, the precise handling, and, of course, the more muscular performance.
Can't understand all the angst over 0-60. Yesterday, at 450 miles on the odometer and after filling up with 93, I floored it and was slammed back into the seat unlike any car I've ever had, which includes a Porsche 911 in my misspent youth. It seemed to get to 60 and beyond in fine fettle, even though there were two people in the car. What real-life application does 0-60 have anyway? My Sport was scary quick from 35 to 85 and soared from 60 to 80 literally in the blink of an eye. It also has a charming growl during acceleration. I'm looking forward to running more 93 and seeing how it performs after break-in period.
The only negative I've detected is mushy shifting, though that seems to be disappearing as I drive the car more.
As someone who just recently purchased a CPO S60 T6 R-Design over the Fusion Sport. Could you tell me more :)

Was your S60 a T5 or T6? Did you have the Polestar optimization? What problems did you have with the Volvo? and what do you like most about the Fusion when compared to the S60?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As someone who just recently purchased a CPO S60 T6 R-Design over the Fusion Sport. Could you tell me more :)

Was your S60 a T5 or T6? Did you have the Polestar optimization? What problems did you have with the Volvo? and what do you like most about the Fusion when compared to the S60?

Thanks!
I had a TR5 Platinum with Drive-E 4.
The first issue was all kinds of software problems that gave false readings on tire pressure, oil level, low wiper fluid, etc.
Next came the leaking roof, which dealer said was caused by clogged drain tube for sunroof, though I had never opened the sun roof. Service manager said: "You know those things aren't waterproof." No, I didn't.
The Continental tires became "mishapened" after 23,000 miles, causing quite a racket. Why, who knows? Volvo North America gave me $191.00 rebate. The new Goodyear tires cost $800.00. The dealer forgot to balance the new tires. Finally had to take car to Firestone to figure out that one of the new tires that the dealer had put on was "out of round," or defective. Then I insisted that the dealer "road force" balance all four new tires, which they did reluctantly.
Then came the backfiring. Service manager said run a couple of tanks of 93 and that will eliminate it. It was still backfiring after half a dozen tanks of 93. Dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong and didn't seem to care.
Final straw was an oil leak. I had to drive around with oil in my trunk so I could immediately rectify this shocking development. They had to replace the oil pan.
In 17 months of ownership the car was in the shop 10 times, not including twice for complementary oil/filter change.
I finally lost confidence in the car and wouldn't drive it anywhere but around town.
I've owned a dozen cars in my life, some for 10 years or more, and always traded with fondness, even sadness. For the Volvo S60 I had nothing but contempt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts