Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol, not entirely true, but I did manage to get a little time to make a template to see if I'll be happy with the final product. I like the look and it gives it a different look to the front. I can adjusted how far the splitter sticks out and you can tell by one of the pics I moved it inward. Im thinking an inch past the fascia should be plenty.
I just need to stay motivated with it and find some abs plastic.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Alumalite is something quite a few people are using...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alumalite is something quite a few people are using...
I will look into it, do you know if it has a solid core?
Sheets of ABS are expensive, then you throw in shipping and Im looking at the cost a vendor would sell them for.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
It is corrugated plastic sandwiched between two thin sheets of aluminun so - very strong in one direction and very lite. Check with the local sign shops.

Coroplast is the stuff they print the political signs on. You can use it as well. To make it really strong you can take two sheets and glue them together with the corrugation in opposite directions.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yes its way too thick and its 1" pink foam board I had laying around.
Im thinking something in the 1/4 to 3/8" would be the thickness I want. Plus with ABS you can sand it to get the perfect shape and contours so that's the direction I will go.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I went to Menards at lunch and to my surprise they had 4x8 in 1/4" of HDPE for $55. I'm not sure of the differences, but it seems sturdy enough to hold up.
Whats funny is Ive been down that aisle a million times and I never noticed it until today.

·
Registered
868 Posts
We buy 4' x 8' sheets of PVC from this company through my work. PVC should be similar to ABS in tensile. They have about everything though.

Find a Location

1 - 9 of 9 Posts