Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup on my way to work in a 35Mph zone. I work in a new aERA THAT I DONT KNOW THE TRAP ZONES YET AND ITS THE 30TH OF THE MONATH.. went around slow guy and sped up. got clocked by radar doing 29Mph over lol..

Sad part is i wasn't even having fun just driving to work but forgot my rule of slow drivers when you see them look around to see if they are going slow for a reason ..

Too now i am looking at $300 to $400 fine.. Oo well..

ANY OF YOU GUYS GOT TICKETS YET?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
My first night with the car before i even officially owned it i got busted for 67 in a 55. I was too busy playing with the gadgets to notice it dropped from 65 to 55. Oops

·
Registered
176 Posts
The best thing money can buy to avoid tickets, and pay attention while you are driving LOL

Attachments

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The best thing money can buy to avoid tickets, and pay attention while you are driving LOL
With the newer instant on radar, these only help when a cop is sitting with his radar on. If you are speeding and he clicks on the radar, by the time that thing beeps and you slow down he already has your speed. These are great in medium traffic where they can't just hit you, they are hitting all cars, but if you are out by yourself and that thing goes off, cop already has you. Then it becomes a question of whether or not they will do anything about it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't know if I should say it, but it was over 50 years ago (I've been a good citizen and had few tickets since) I lived in a small town and we'd race on the highway--both drag race and top end. Got a ticket for 115 in a 35 with a 4.56 in the rear gear. Held the local record until another person got a 135 in a 15 (school zone with no one present as school was already going by a half hour). I had nothing to do with racing in town. Was in a friends GTO when going through the Salt Flats before El Paso going 165 and climbing and then backing off the throttle when our courage ran out--two ply red line tires then. I only occasionally step on the gas hard now entering freeways. Great old times--stupid/reckless kids then.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Personally if I plan on doing some spirited driving I always turn on "Waze" on my phone. If you arent familiar with it, its a GPS driving application that allows users to point out things like potholes, broken down cars and cops. Driving all over Michigan so far I have never once passed a cop with Waze on that was marked.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My favorite tool for ticket avoidance (aside from paying attention) is adaptive cruise control. Over the years most of the tickets I've gotten weren't when I was purposely blazing along; they were when I wasn't really paying attention to my speed and got nailed. Now I set the ACC to a few mph over the posted speed limit and enjoy the ride. If I need to make better time than that or want to have some fun, then it's back to scanning the horizon for law enforcement. I never had much luck with radar detectors, although it's been forever since I've used one. I ended up getting more tickets since I trusted the device too much.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I almost got nailed going 90 in a 65. I saw the cop and slowed down fast, but I'm sure I had to have been gunned pretty high over still. As I'm passing him and watching to see if he pulls out, he waves me past him. I'm going to give credit to the innocent looking family fusion for that one. Probably would not have been as lucky in a Mustang, or a German luxury.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 10 of 10 Posts