Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to say that I think this forum has been great - lots of good honest information -

I was going to take the car for a final run tonight but forecast is for mid 30 temp and very windy -good for engine but chances are the track will be slick even with prep - so taking the car back to stock for the winter.

As you have read we purchased the sport for performance - mainly 1/4 racing - the plan was for the wife to race it in points bracket racing next year - and we still hope for that to be the case - as posted the best time this year for 13.01 at 105.5 which is not bad but if you compare it to my 2016 F150 2.7 which had a best of 13.1 at 101.8 the sport time is not great.

I am on the fence concerning the Livernois tune which we have installed right now -
V1 was basically a HP and Torque tune - pretty good gains but if you look at the graph there are some spikes that are not that good.
V2 did almost nothing that I could see or feel -maybe shift points - also there was no dyno chart released with the update
V3 is out (no sense me loading it) but again so far no dyno graph indicating what the differences are -

I have been talking to Livernois and we are at a wait and see what they can do over the winter - based on what I have seen so far I may change tuners in the spring - we shall see

I am hoping that some of you lucky guys that get to race all year will keep us snowbound folks posted with what ever tune or mods you make - like to see someone break into the 12 - for sure I will next spring!!

Finally for your information according to the guy who has dyno tuned cars for me -SCT will be coming out with a new tuner - lots of improvements both for tuning and data logging - This tuner will support the fusion sport early next year and it is open i.e. your tuner can do custom tunes with it - no price yet but my guy said will more than likely stay at 399.00

My winter projects are to make some mods to the truck to get it into the high 12 - Stay safe -:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great update.

Can't wait for SCT to release the tuner, going to keep an eye on what shows up here and on social media.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
awe man, i was hoping you get a chance to race that 2.0 again.. they are very proud that they beat ya. I had some convos with them on FB, I was looking forward to asking them how they did again.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice update.

Although I didn't get my car to track it exclusively, I do want to dabble in it. I will likely lean on the more experienced and hardcore folks here for information and updates. I tuned the car for the sheer enjoyment I get out of it. Adding extra ponies and torque for a few benji's seemed well worth it.

Looking forward to the feedback from the racers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Just for the record the 2.0 did not beat the sport but came pretty close - think it was a couple of tenths - but give it credit it ran good -

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This guys says different.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why go to stock for the winter? The tune still adds smiles per miles in street driving.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Why go to stock for the winter? The tune still adds smiles per miles in street driving.
Because after market tunes generally get a lot of the extra HP by running the engine on the edge of what it can do. Winter provides for colder and thus denser air, meaning your car generally runs leaner in the winter time. Factory tunes account for this because they are designed to run in a wide variety of environments at the sacrifice of power, so they tend to run richer to be on the safe side. An after market tune will already be pretty close to the exact edge of the lean scale that you want to be on, if you push the car too hard and its too cold out, you can cause detonation or knocking due to a lean condition. This will damage your engine. You should never run an after market tune in the winter time.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great Explanation on returning to stock - on top of that really do not want the extra power in snow or ice -

as for the 2.0 - great guy who drives it and we have the time slip posted on this forum - as I said really close but no cigar and that was a stock sport - as you have seen in the post it is now 13 flat at over 105

Have a great winter - next year look for Ruby Red F150 at NE Dragway kicking all the fusion sports butts including my wifes…oops maybe that is not a good idea!!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The guy trash talking is just a sideline trash talker. I did chat with the 2.0 guy. He wasn't as cocky as the Sean guy

·
Registered
529 Posts
@jayson pretty much nailed it. Plus fuel recipes change and I'm not sure how that all factors into the mix. The other factor is, I have a dangerous enough commute as it is, add snow/ice in the mix... the last thing I need is extra power :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
I will likely always use 93 exclusively, unless gas becomes outrageously expensive ($5+/gal). I will also always exclusively use Shell V-Power. There is a station 5 miles from me that is always $.30-40 below others for 93.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
its irritating here that alot of the stations are getting rid of the 93 pumps and going to the 91 non ethanol pumps...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
On a side note. I just saw a post that 2.0 guys car is done. Not sure exactly what happened but he's talking about motor warranty.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ahhh, phew! I don't have much faith that a 2.0 stock would come close to the Sport. I had a '16 2.0 and bought my Sport before I got rid of the '16. The 2.0 was no where near as fast as the 2.7, so I'm a doubter! ...especially if the 2.0 is down to 2.0 cylinders!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts