Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove from MD to NC and back over the last few days and my avg MPG on the way down with 1 stop and 295 miles was 26.1. A slightly lower (most likely due to the rain) 25.7 on the return trip. My average speed was most likely between 60-65 (I was consistently doing 5-9 over the entire trip but hwy 29 have lot of lights and slow spots) and had 3-4 short full throttle stints on each trip.
Under light throttle while accelerating was first time I really noticed the 2-3rd throttle blip then drop. It is very strange and irritating, I hope the future tune alleviates that.
A couple positive and negatives:
-I appreciate the triple window sprayer and downshifting cruise control during steep downhills.
-I already started to hear very minor creaks (sounds like it's coming from the passenger dash corner area.)
-I actually had to slam on the brakes HARD. I was heading N on 29 and a truck pulled out straight into the left lane with me about 90 yards behind him. Under emergency braking the car stops fine (not great) but has a very spongy feel. Not sure if this is necessarily bad but it is something I am not used to.

My FFS sighting was a blue brother between Lynchburg and Charlottesville VA (just north of Faber) around 2:00pm today. Looked sharp.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Under light throttle while accelerating was first time I really noticed the 2-3rd throttle blip then drop. It is very strange and irritating, I hope the future tune alleviates that.
Is this what you're talking about? If so, it's caused by the torque converter locking up in 3rd gear. You might be able to adjust the TC lockup, but other than sounding funny, it's not hurting anything.

http://www.fusionsportforums.com/fo...al-discussion/5170-thoughts-3rd-gear-bog.html

·
Registered
296 Posts
Very good Mpg the last time I went on a short trip the best I was able to do was like 23.5-24 and that's being nice. I wish I knew how many of these sports were made seems like most everyone loves their Sport but don't know for sure I sure don't see a lot on the road though!

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took the FFS on a short road trip of about 265 miles yesterday. The stats:

2017 FFS with 401A.
875 miles on odometer.
Tires at 40 when warm.
87 octane fuel (Sam's Club).
Car set to SPORT mode for most of the trip.
Fully loaded with full tank and 5 adult size people.
Mainly flat drive from Shelby Twp. to Marshall Michigan.
Mostly highway, light to moderate traffic.
When on highway cruise set to 81 MPH.
Achieved 24.3 MPG roundtrip.

I find the gas milage to be slightly better than I expected. Most of my trips will be with just me in the car so I am encouraged and hope to do a couple of MPG better on those trips. I have been concerned about the trans while in SPORT mode killing the gas milage but I can confirm that at highway speeds the car will get in it's highest gear and stay there so delivering the same fuel usage as in normal mode. This is important to me as when fully loaded, the suspension in this car is too soft for me and the rear seat occupants were beginning to comment about feeling motion sickness. This subsided when I turned on SPORT mode and the suspension stiffened up. The slight bouncing on Michigan's shitty roads went away.

No regrets at all about not buying nav as the Apple CarPlay works great. The Sony sound system has blossomed and sounds great. The speakers took a little time to break in and loosen up a little bit. I find the seat to be very comfortable and supportive. I am a bigger guy (6'2"/225) so smaller folks may want tighter side bolsters. Everything about the car is great - in SPORD mode. In normal mode it is a tad too loose for my tastes. Hopefully there will be some updates that will allow for suspension teaks at some point.

The engine is butter and fast as ****. SHO owners MUST feel threatened because twice I have been effectively challenged to a race getting on the freeway by SHO's. Too funny.

Great car so far. My opinion may change if the battery dies for a second time but so far so good.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

2017 FFS with 401A.
875 miles on odometer.
Tires at 40 when warm.

I find the gas milage to be slightly better than I expected. Most of my trips will be with just me in the car so I am encouraged and hope to do a couple of MPG better on those trips. I have been concerned about the trans while in SPORT mode killing the gas milage but I can confirm that at highway speeds the car will get in it's highest gear and stay there so delivering the same fuel usage as in normal mode. This is important to me as when fully loaded, the suspension in this car is too soft for me and the rear seat occupants were beginning to comment about feeling motion sickness. This subsided when I turned on SPORT mode and the suspension stiffened up. The slight bouncing on Michigan's shitty roads went away.

No regrets at all about not buying nav as the Apple CarPlay works great. The Sony sound system has blossomed and sounds great. The speakers took a little time to break in and loosen up a little bit. I find the seat to be very comfortable and supportive. I am a bigger guy (6'2"/225) so smaller folks may want tighter side bolsters. Everything about the car is great - in SPORD mode. In normal mode it is a tad too loose for my tastes. Hopefully there will be some updates that will allow for suspension teaks at some point.

The engine is butter and fast as ****. SHO owners MUST feel threatened because twice I have been effectively challenged to a race getting on the freeway by SHO's. Too funny.

Great car so far. My opinion may change if the battery dies for a second time but so far so good.
That seems like good mpg for having nearly 1000 extra pounds loaded up. Very reassuring. 👍🏻

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove from Atlanta to south fl on I-75 two days before Christmas and didn't see one going down or coming back. The car ran great and did hit triple digits one time to pass some bozo who wouldn't get out of the fast lane. The car was flawless on the trip. The only bad thing is now I'm getting the dead battery blues!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts

2017 FFS with 401A.
875 miles on odometer.
Tires at 40 when warm.

Oh man, I got a shiver... Your Fusion Sport is crying for 91/93 octane :laugh: 81MPH with 24 MPG is pretty nice. I wonder what the RPM to MPH sweet spot is in terms of gas mileage on this baby.

Whats cold tire pressure supposed to be in the Fusion Sport anyway? 35, or higher?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wow. Total Cargo+Occupants 827lb limit? That's roughly 220lbs per person and 4 people without anything in the trunk. Is that normal for a car?

I guess no loading the car for a joyride with 5 people and all their stuff in the trunk. lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think that is also one of the reasons that Ford lists max towing at 1000lbs for the Sport versus 2000lbs for the other models (Hybrid excepted).

As is typical, when I received my vehicle from the dealer when new, the tires were inflated to 50psi (the number listed as max on the sidewall), seriously can't believe that is still happening. It is not like the sticker with the correct pressures is difficult to find.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 11 of 11 Posts