Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, turning left from a light onto a two lane road outside of town, as I straighten up I see a car booking it towards the light even though it is still red. I could see that the opposite direction light turned green just as he was about 20 feet from the line but I doubt he was going to stop even if it had not changed. Speed limit is 50 but you get run over if you are not doing near 60 even during the day. There is another light ahead about half a mile that is turning red as I approach with the car closing in.

Light is red, I stop in the left lane and the car pulls up beside me hard on the brakes to stop this time because there is cross traffic. It's a Kia Optima SXL... Some work into it because the stance is lower, dark tinted windows so I cannot see the driver, different wheels but I can't tell if there was anything done under the hood because its quiet. The whole time we are at the light he is inching forward, inching forward so I push the S and wait for the light. Light changes and he hits the gas, I roll into the throttle keeping right next to him and then punch it. He is in my rear view by the time I glance up.

Next light is red as well but a car turned out into his lane so he swerves around it to get beside me again. This time I can hear that he is brake boosting getting read for the light to change. It does, he launches, I punch it instead of rolling into it this time, no brake boosting, and he is two cars behind me in about 1/2 a second. He stopped trying after that... :)

Love this car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice! I love kill stories like this

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome story! I love it.

I have one of my own for you. Happened the other night. Now I am tuned, LMS tune. I was on my way home with my brother in Law in his Charger RT. We were driving down the road and messing with each other, ( He lost 6 times already from every speed possible) so we were just playing, out of no where comes a trail blazer SS. Roaring past me, My brother in Law steps on it to go after him. I hit the gas to catch up. We stop at a light and I am next to my brother in Law and the trailer blazer is next to him. He is break boosting and so is my brother in law. I let those to go at it first. I just drive along. Trail blazer wins by a tiny bit. Then he slows down and gets next to me. Rolls down his window and goes what happened? Couldn't keep up? I laughed and said I did not even try. I would hate to waste the gas embarrasing you. He gets mad and light turns green he floors it. I let him go, he slows down again and we get stopped at a red light. Just us and my brother in law. Right as we are about to take off a car pulls in front of me and starts going down the road. so I called it off. he takes off passes a car in the center lane like an idiot and keeps going.

Well I seen him the next night same road. We got lucky and got to a red light right next to each other. This time he has a passenger and my brother in Law is in my car. Guy revs at me and the passengers laughs and goes really? a fusion trying to race..I said light turns green lets run it to the next light. He agreed. We both break boosted. sport mode for me, traction control off. I left him in the dust, Roasted him off the line and he never caught me. Stopped at the next light, he stopped 2 cars back. I waived for him to come up he wouldnt. Light turns green I sat there, so did he. He tried to take off and go past me, I just nailed it and passed him lol. I slowed down in front of him he swerved into on coming traffic to go around me with him and his passenger flicking me off. Me and my brother in law just laughed as we drove home. I guess the guy was mad his no so stock SS got beat by a family car. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Great kill story, nothing like getting to do it twice to prove your point!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Great stories guys! Love hearing them. I have taken a stock (?) SHO on the interstate when I was stock. Also kept even with a late model S4 into triple digits post tune and have scared a couple Challengers that I didn't have a chance to race but the look on their faces was precious as I took off.
Imagine what it will be when there's turbo, intercooler, intake and exhaust mods available! I'll probably wait for tuning until I get more air into the girl...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Great stories! No one ever wants to run me. The car is too much of a sleeper.
I only get little ricers who want to race everything. Never get any decent cars wanting to go.

The best car that has really tried to push me was a wrx and without even trying i went right by him.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Living in Ford country I see a fair amount of Taurus SHO's. But they're always being driven by late middle-aged women driving like grandmas. Waiting impatiently for a kill.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tuned my Sport Friday night with LMS stage-3 93. Saturday, I stomped a BMW X3 35i. He tried to pass me 3 times. I was doing 79mph, he was doing 95 or so. He'd get next to me and I'd floor it. 3 seconds later, I'm at 110mph+ 3 car lengths in front of him..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Tuned my Sport Friday night with LMS stage-3 93. Saturday, I stomped a BMW X3 35i. He tried to pass me 3 times. I was doing 79mph, he was doing 95 or so. He'd get next to me and I'd floor it. 3 seconds later, I'm at 110mph+ 3 car lengths in front of him..

Ouch!
That there is an ego buster.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my very good friend has a 17 SHO. Livernoise tuned with an Intake and 3 bar Map sensor on it. I am dieing to race him in my LMS Stage 3 tuned Sport. We will be going to Lapeer drag way in the next month or so when it gets in the 60's on a Saturday.

Cant wait to see how it goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts