Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took delivery of our Sport yesterday and I had chance to take it for spirited driving this morning - I previously have posted my thoughts after a test drive 2 months ago - and the points I made are the same with exception of one - One of the biggest issues I see with performance (several had noted this on the performance section) is shift points - even using paddle shifters - I ran the car hard three or 4 times up to 70 - it really has excellent torque off the line but after that 2 to 3 not great - the good news is a tune can fix the problem - I will track it early October and I expect similar results to those posted in 1/4 results - One thing the wife and I both loved is the sync system blows away the system in our BMW -

·
Super Moderator
1,342 Posts
Congrats on the new Sport! Give the car a chance to learn itself, I noticed that up to about 800 miles or so the transmission was very slow to respond and confused easily, but now at 1500 miles the paddles are much better (admittedly 1-2 and 2-3 are kind of slow shifts still) and the transmission overall doesn't get stuck trying to make up it's mind. Same with the power, it definitely goes a bit faster with some more miles on it.

Reactions: Ginger Fusion

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on the new Sport! Give the car a chance to learn itself, I noticed that up to about 800 miles or so the transmission was very slow to respond and confused easily, but now at 1500 miles the paddles are much better (admittedly 1-2 and 2-3 are kind of slow shifts still) and the transmission overall doesn't get stuck trying to make up it's mind. Same with the power, it definitely goes a bit faster with some more miles on it.

I agree. I just rolled over 1600 miles and the performance has definitely improved over what it was in the beginning. I don't think I'll see what she is fully capable of until about 4k to 5k miles and then a tune will really open her up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had mine for a couple weeks and have almost 2000 miles now. It seems that the shifting and acceleration have improved in the last 200 miles. My first Fusion was a 2013 FWD 2.0T that was traded in with 80k on it and I never used the shift paddles. My new Sport has learned in the normal mode to shift at fairly high rpms, 3 to 4 k under regular starts. Which is great for the acceleration thrill not so good for the mpg bill. So now I've learned to use the paddles as needed. For mpg starts I hit the paddle once almost immediately and within a couple seconds again. I will almost always be going 45+mph and be in 4th gear. I then ease of the gas pedal and it shifts right into 6. I loved my old 2.0T but this new 2.7TT blows it away period. I think it will take 10k before it really loosens up. The shift from 2nd to 3rd has gotten better with more miles . Put my K&N filter in it day 1 and at 500 miles did a oil change to full syn. Did an un-official 0 to 60 at 500 miles of 5.6 and will redo after 2000 miles. The Sports couple extra lbs gives a much better driving/road feel especially at higher speeds which is very, very, very easy to do in this car!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts