Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade the sound quality in my 2017 FFS (401A package).
My issues are:
  • Rattles and vibrations from various parts of the car at various bass frequencies
  • Bass definition is not great
  • Overall frequency response is definitely wrong

So, I need to find a shop that can:
  • Open various panels in the doors/dash to locate and eliminate the vibrations and rattles. This must be done and put back together with no damage and no visible signs of access.
  • Give me good quality options for replacement bass driver(s). It must be tight, not loud.
  • Measure and fix frequency response, possibly with a curve that adapts to the vehicle speed to overcome road/wind noise.
I am a bit of an audiophile, looking for quality in sound and workmanship. I realize that I am not going to get studio quality sound in a car, but there is definitely room for improvement.

There are plenty of “Car Stereo Installers” around, but how do I find the good ones? None seem to specialize in audio, but also do radar, remote starters, security, etc.

(If you have any tips for installers in the Boston area, or north of Boston, please let me know.)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Good luck, your gonna need it, That's a tall order to fill, most place won't do it, just because they can see all the issues down the road. You might find a back yard guy will to do it, but you also get what you pay for.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are plenty of “Car Stereo Installers” around, but how do I find the good ones? None seem to specialize in audio, but also do radar, remote starters, security, etc.
i think that's going to be the case everywhere. Shops need to make money, and specializing in just audio, they would not be very busy. You should try to find those that at least make it their priority/main offering.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: 22psi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure how helpful this is, but the Revel system in the MKZ is a very solid system IMO, both the standard and the ultima. I had an MKZ 3.0 and that revel system is the thing I miss most about it. I looked into swapping out an MKZ revel DSP/amp/speakers for my fusion sport but was told it cannot be done, but I dont think anyone has tried it. Since fundamentally they are the same cars one would assume you could swap some parts. Im not sure there are gonna be any audio installers that will be able to accomplish are your needs, might be best to do it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts