Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after reading a bunch of people complaining this car feels fast/not so fast in some cases i finally found one of those times where this car feels so much slower than it really it because of how the car handles the power. I wasn't in sport mode which was my biggest mistake but going WOT at like 70+ not in sport mode this car feels like a slow pig. Sport mode and a tiny bit slower the cars pulls very nicely. Little things like this remind me the car is a "sport" and not a RS or ST car.

It really shows that these cars need a tune badly in some cases

Reactions: lightningken

·
Registered
624 Posts
Where are you having them tuned? Does that void the warranty?
Several people here have the Livernois tune, and several including myself have the Unleashed Tuning tune. Both parties love their respective tuning experiences. Read up on various tuning threads on the forum. IT WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY. This topic has also been argued for Millennium. Essentially if Ford deams that the cause of a problem COULD be due to a possible tune than they will probably deny that claim. I wouldn't expect them to void your entire warranty. This all will also depend on your dealer, as a problem could present itself and they just go about fixing it under warranty. Now if your squeezing every last once of power with your tune and drag racing it every weekend and you blow your engine, well don't expect Ford to buy you a new engine. Tune or no tune, if your engine is destroyed due to unintended use(ie. Off-road rally racing) Ford can deny a claim. If you search the net you will find all sorts of horror stories and all sorts of people tuning their cars with no issue. Be responsible for your actions, use a reputable tuner who understands what their doing, and you "should" be fine. I've got 8000 miles with a tune on my Sport, no problems, lots of smiles. Tuning in an of itself is not dangerous for your car. Ford themselves sells tunes for select cars with warranty(not our Sport, sorry). The Sport button can also be considered a tune.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I was tuned with Unleashed and once I started having the smoking issue, I went back to stock until my car gets repaired. The whole time my car was at dealer, they never mentioned that my computer was flashed 4 times since I flashed updates from Unleashed.
Tune or no tune, it all depends on the dealer and what failure your car has along with being smart and going back to stock before a visit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts