Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After stalking the forums for a long time I decided to buy it yesterday after seeing one listed for about 11% under MSRP.

Initial Opinion:

I am going from a 2010 Hybrid fusion so I am used to the size and most of what the car has/does.
+Sync 3 is pretty awesome. The fast touch response and being able to use Android Auto is really nice. I love being able to just name the location I want to go to and it knows to look it up and get me directions, time it is open and phone number. I disliked having to say destination, POI, then the name and hope it is in an outdated list of locations in the Sync.
+Passing power. My main dislike on the Hybrid was that at 50+ MPH you thought twice before you tried doing anything that required power. Just in the hour ride home from the dealer it was nice not worrying about the power. The Hybrid had instant torque at low speed, but the Sport is much more stable at the take off.
+Interior Space. I know the stats say it is similar sized, but it feels much bigger. My Wife commented that it seemed a lot more roomier. We also noticed the trunk is pretty huge.
+All weather mats. I normally get Weathertech, but the all weather mats are pretty nice. I like how they look.
+Center console area is nice and open. I like they got rid of the gear shift for the space. I also love the electric parking brake.
+Adaptive Cruise Control is awesome. I love this feature and will never get a car that doesn't have it again.

-The only negative I can think of compared to the Hybrid is of course MPG. However, I don't think it will be as much as difference as I thought it would be. With the hills around here I get almost 10MPG less on my Hybrid than I normally do so I am unsure if the Sport have as much issue on MPG.
-I did forget a real negative is the auto-lights still don't work well with roads with curves. It finds bad times to flick on the brights at oncoming cars. I will probably turn this off unless on a long trip at night.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have been stalking these forums since it stood up and tracking this car for over a year. Wife was tired of me talking about it and told me to go buy it. It has been fun. :) I am patiently waiting to fill it up with 93 octane.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Welcome!

Just fyi, you can skip the "destination" step in your navigation and just say "find POI".

Reactions: ThorM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know. I need to download the list of commands and try to remember a few. It does recognize my voice and words much better than my older fusion and it also sounds much clearer with music and phone conversation.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Yeah, all this tech is great, but I'm afraid I'm never going to get much use out of most of it without getting an Associate's degree in Sync 3.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I stopped using the voice commands on my Sync. It took too long and I felt like I didn't know the right paths of the commands. So far Sync 3 seems easier and if I get frustrated Android Auto is pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I came from a 2009 SEL and could probably could on my fingers how many times i used voice commands in the 6 years I owned it. The only thing I could think of to make Sync 3 more me friendly would be to activate it by saying, "Computer..."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am with you on the commands. I am a computer nerd, but it isn't that friendly. Somethings I have noticed. It does hit bumps and dips softer than my Hybrid. Unsure if it is suspension, weight increase, or the pot hole detection. You still feel the bumps, but it is softer. Also there is a sizable increase in headroom which was unexpected. I thought the stats were almost the same for size, but instead of my head almost touching the roof I have a good 3-4 inches in clearance now (I am 6ft). Hoping the MPG increases to at least 20MPG, but I didn't buy it thinking about saving money on MPG.

·
Registered
481 Posts
congrats!!! magnetic is very nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts