Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
How much of a difference does that Comfort settings add to the ride of the car? Is it noticeable difference compared to sport mode?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Correct as of now. I haven't personally tried or looked into it on the '18 or '19 dual-screen IPC firmware releases, so it may be removed, or the bit for some settings may just be moved around (again), like some other modules were on '18 MY Fusions. I don't know of anyone else who has a definitive answer to this one yet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't mind poking with Forscan to try to figure it out, but I'm just not sure what I should be looking for. I mean, I even thought about looking at it from the other direction, and if I just knew the target locations in the BCM or whatever module is handling the suspension are getting changed, I could just plug in the right value to make "Normal" be "Comfort" or whatever. I'd rather have the IPC control but whatever, right? But I only have access to my car, and the real kicker there would be validating that it actually worked, because the difference in feel between "Normal" and "Sport" is pretty subtle. I'd hate to go changing BCM values in the dark and trying to pick up a subtle change by feel. That just sounds like a way to go crazy. ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
It all depends on what you like. I cross-shopped this car against Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, and Chrysler/Dodge. I liked the Fusion the most, so that's what I got - couldn't care less if anyone approves or disapproves of my choice or what's faster or slower than my car.

That said though, it's quite amusing to beat up on WRXs and GTIs, those guys always think they're fast when they're not :LOL:
I shopped the same cars. Able to see them same day at the big auto show in Denver. Based on comfort and styling, I liked the Fusion. Test drove a few of the others - still liked the Fusion. I've owned German luxury cars and they were fine. But all things considered (including technology), my '17 Sport is the best car I have every owned, hands down.

Reactions: Engineer and LeVeL

·
Registered
73 Posts
I shopped the same cars. Able to see them same day at the big auto show in Denver. Based on comfort and styling, I liked the Fusion. Test drove a few of the others - still liked the Fusion. I've owned German luxury cars and they were fine. But all things considered (including technology), my '17 Sport is the best car I have every owned, hands down.
My shopping experience went something like this:
  • I don't like Audis and VWs in general so they were out of the running right away.
  • BMWs drive well but I really don't like their interiors over the last few years. Also, some long-term reliability concerns.
  • Mercedes are really expensive and slower than the FFS unless you're willing to pay crazy money.
  • Acuras are nice, I had a TL before my Fusion. However, I don't like the current lineup at all - I drove a TLX A-Spec a couple of years ago and it was very disappointing. I would've considered a last-gen TL with AWD and a manual but those are almost impossible to find and obviously older with higher mileage.
  • Never liked Lexus, they drive like Corollas just quieter.
  • I really dislike Infinitis but went to test drive one anyways, for the hell of it - a G37x. The salesman didn't wait 10min for me to arrive after I called him and said I was on my way and instead he ran off to go sell weed, so I never drove the car.
  • I had high hopes for the Chrysler 300S - same engine and (great) transmission as in our Grand Cherokee but lighter, so it has to be good, right? Wrong - it was a total grandpa mobile that managed to feel significantly slower and softer than our Jeep.
  • Test-drove a WRX. Laughably bad.
  • I like the 1st gen CTS-V and the 05-06 GTO but I really wanted AWD for my crazy-steep driveway.
  • Focus RS and Golf R are really overpriced for what they are, imho.
  • I like Mazda's current lineup but nothing they have even comes close to the FFS in terms of power.
  • Test-drove a Fusion Sport... and here we are. I've had it for ~7mo and loving it, perfect daily driver.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I see a lot of criticism of the FFS in various places but it's almost always one of these:

1. Someone who has never driven the car and has some issue with Ford for whatever reason (valid or not; usually not, because they often haven't owned or driven a post-2000 Ford). I have a brother in law like this. Great guy but he couldn't stand it if I told him my FFS makes more torque than his big Magnum V8 in his Dodge truck. :cool:

2. Someone criticizing the interior and comparing it to cars 2x or 3x the price

3. Someone saying the car is "slow" while comparing it to cars 2x or 3x the price

4. Someone doing both 2 and 3

5. A Stinger owner or someone similar comparing their 0-60 using launch control against an FFS with no power braking in use

Yeah that about sums up what I see usually. I love the car myself. It'll be a really long time before I ever get rid of it. It's basically the perfect car for me. It's fast, handles well, responsive, comfortable, has all the safety and convenience features I need. It's the real deal. I love driving it, or just being in it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts