Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to take on any M series with the modifications.. My friends say I should trash this car but I love and I do believe it can do wonders. What's your guys opinion and best mods to take on a M series.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously.... what mods ..what gear...give us details...we wanna know ...so we all can take down these M's!

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
If you have a fully kited out Fusion with nearly all the mods we know about, and you're against a smaller (2, 3, or 4 series) stock M car, sure. But a Fusion with just a 93 tune for example still won't touch an M car. They are not slow at all, even the E90-era vehicles.

If your friends say you should trash the car, sounds like they are not real car people. First of all - you do what you want, it's your car your money. Second, I love mine as well, there's nothing anyone can do to make me get rid of it. So what, an M3 is faster, but they also cost at least twice as much. Mine (engine wise) is stock except for my FMIC, and it's more than fast enough for road use, embarrased a few cars on a track day (MK7 GTI, '17 WRX), yet can be incredibly smooth in Comfort mode on the highway.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The thing I love about the FuSpo is it's a fast ride but it's got a fairly decent level of luxury. The suspension and handling, especially because of the adaptive suspension, as well as just the interior quality, is in my opinion really nice for a car in this price range. It's the best car I could find anywhere near the price. So it's not just that it's faster than most (not all obviously) of what's out there. It's the whole experience. If you just want fast, you can always go buy a track car that won't be nearly so comfortable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I totally agree with you. For the price and comfort u get u can't go wrong with FFS.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's a comfort sport sedan not a track/race car. The transmission should be a very clear reminder that it is not a track/racecar.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It all depends on what you like. I cross-shopped this car against Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, and Chrysler/Dodge. I liked the Fusion the most, so that's what I got - couldn't care less if anyone approves or disapproves of my choice or what's faster or slower than my car.

That said though, it's quite amusing to beat up on WRXs and GTIs, those guys always think they're fast when they're not :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
You are right, it's not a "track car" but it certainly holds itself well on a track. It's no M3, but as I said in my last post (and as LeVeL said), it'll easily mess with GTI and WRX drivers every single time. And most of them really do think they have the fastest cars in the world, rather than quick economy cars.

The transmission held up great as well. It's no dual-clutch box but it did everything I asked it to. A good driver knows how to make their car work how they want it to. The 6F55 isn't even remotely close to the worst transmissions I've experienced.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Engineer and LeVeL

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ya I agree I cross shopped myself and loved the fusion had everything where the others needed options added $$$$$$. The car performs amazing without being over aggressive which is nice , I also have a Evo which is just a menacing beast not a daily driver and that's where my fusion falls into the picture of calm but powerful.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you have a fully kited out Fusion with nearly all the mods we know about, and you're against a smaller (2, 3, or 4 series) stock M car, sure. But a Fusion with just a 93 tune for example still won't touch an M car. They are not slow at all, even the E90-era vehicles.

If your friends say you should trash the car, sounds like they are not real car people. First of all - you do what you want, it's your car your money. Second, I love mine as well, there's nothing anyone can do to make me get rid of it. So what, an M3 is faster, but they also cost at least twice as much. Mine (engine wise) is stock except for my FMIC, and it's more than fast enough for road use, embarrased a few cars on a track day (MK7 GTI, '17 WRX), yet can be incredibly smooth in Comfort mode on the highway.
DaMiFo, What is comfort mode? Just D?

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
I'd you program your OE cluster to let you use the CCD menu (or enable it on a swapped MKZ / Mondeo cluster) you have 3 independent moves for the suspension. Comfort is noticably softer dampening than Normal/D.

By default, Ford's doesn't allow Fusion owners independent control or selection/use of "Comfort" suspension.

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
Actually, since I just got in the car:

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
DaMiFo, I have a 2019 with 401A I don't think I have anything like this.
Well aside from the MKZ cluster differences, correct Ford disabled it on Fusions from factory. As Engineer said, owners can enable* it with tools similar to FORScan.

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
@dtd You'd have to add it with Forscan. But I tried that on my 18 401A and it didn't work. I don't think anyone has gotten it to work on any non-17.
Correct as of now. I haven't personally tried or looked into it on the '18 or '19 dual-screen IPC firmware releases, so it may be removed, or the bit for some settings may just be moved around (again), like some other modules were on '18 MY Fusions. I don't know of anyone else who has a definitive answer to this one yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts