Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

a lot of people says that projectant of Ford Fusion/ Mondeo took a lot of things from Aston Martin if we are looking to the front of car.
Honestly, for me personally FFS look much better (overall shapes and curves)

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

This evening I made a quick photo of the rear and need to say that with rear lamps level3 FFS looks very similar to Aston either

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
524 Posts
i really like the FFS design, but I disagree, the Aston actually looks like a supercar.
I like them both for what they are. The Fusion has always been the most attractive mid-size sedan in the segment for me (only Audis give them competition in my eyes) and especially so after their refresh.

Aston Martins are beautiful cars in their own right and I would love to drive a DB11 one day.

As to the reason for their similar looks, Ford briefly owned Aston Martin for a few years. During those few years the 2nd generation Fusion and Mondeo were being refreshed, and it seems there was some Aston Martin designers involved in that project. This is why the Fusion looks so similar to an Aston Martin, it genuinely has some Aston Martin DNA!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like them both for what they are. The Fusion has always been the most attractive mid-size sedan in the segment for me (only Audis give them competition in my eyes) and especially so after their refresh.

Aston Martins are beautiful cars in their own right and I would love to drive a DB11 one day.

As to the reason for their similar looks, Ford briefly owned Aston Martin for a few years. During those few years the 2nd generation Fusion and Mondeo were being refreshed, and it seems there was some Aston Martin designers involved in that project. This is why the Fusion looks so similar to an Aston Martin, it genuinely has some Aston Martin DNA!
Agreed, Ford also owned Land Rover and Jaguar (and also Volvo) for a few years and you can see some similar themes that have carried over e.g. Terrain Response System as the 4x4 control, and naming conventions - Discovery Sport/Bronco Sport, Discovery/Bronco, engine displacement Ford 5.0 L Coyote/Jaguar/Land Rover 5.0 L awesome V-8 (not the same but designers shared info).

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The old Lincoln LS and T bird used a Jag motor for the most part.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i really like the FFS design, but I disagree, the Aston actually looks like a supercar.
Do not get me wrong. When you look at the Aston you can literally feel that it is a supercar and of course it is a different league. The rear of the car looks sick, but the front IMHO should be more aggressive (the shapes are too round) and the FFS designers did a great job with these sharp lines!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything depends from the angle from you are looking at ;)

For sure I will be able to find not good looking FFS photos :)

BTW. This one below looks AWESOME!
I was thinking to put the Aston emblem to front and rear but eventualy decided that it could be too much

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

I love how FFS looks😍 but honestly and sadly saying comparing these two photos I need to admit that Aston wins 😔🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Yeah, they might be kinda close in some people's eyes, but I doubt there are many that would argue that the Fusion is better on the ears.

The Aston I drew in high school art class was one of my best drawings (not an artist) and oddly enough, I struggled with the smooth hood, so I added some aero lines not entirely dissimilar to those on the Fusion, several years before the first Fusion was built.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts