Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the Pro's/Con's of getting one or the other??

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've never been in a Taurus so i couldn't say but the biggest con about it for me is the 10 to $15k more that it costs.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Depends on if you want a larger car first. That could be a pro or a con depending on your personal preference. After that, looks in general. I think unless you get a bright color on the Taurus, it looks like an older man's car except for the wheels, or it looks like a cop car, while the Fusion Sport looks more sporty, to me at least.

After that, the benefits to the Fusion is cost.

In the end it all comes down to what you want. I can only tell you the real main benefit to the Fusion is cost, after that, its all about what you want.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've never been in a Taurus so i couldn't say but the biggest con about it for me is the 10 to $15k more that it costs.
Seems like they're priced fairly closely for a 2016 SHO vs 2017 Sport, maybe 2-3k more on the SHO. At least if you qualify for the SHO incentives, which seems to be just buy one? $5,750 on the SHO.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Prices are quite close. With incentives and needing to move the Taurus stock, you can probably get the same price right now either way. One thing you'll find is the Taurus is no longer in the standard rotation for 2017 side the police model...

One HUGE benefit IMO is the Sync 3 system in the 2017. Side that, the Fusion is definitely a better handling car, size is comparable on the inside though the seats in the Fusion are definitely more "sport" with the side bolstering... Personally I REALLY like the FuSpo seats, while the Taurus seats were kinda meh in comparison. Comfortable for sure, but not at all matched to the power plant in the SHO.

My opinion is that the Fusion Sport actually SEEMS like a "sport" car, while the Taurus seems like large sedan that happens to go decently quick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Prices are quite close. With incentives and needing to move the Taurus stock, you can probably get the same price right now either way. One thing you'll find is the Taurus is no longer in the standard rotation for 2017 side the police model...

One HUGE benefit IMO is the Sync 3 system in the 2017. Side that, the Fusion is definitely a better handling car, size is comparable on the inside though the seats in the Fusion are definitely more "sport" with the side bolstering... Personally I REALLY like the FuSpo seats, while the Taurus seats were kinda meh in comparison. Comfortable for sure, but not at all matched to the power plant in the SHO.

My opinion is that the Fusion Sport actually SEEMS like a "sport" car, while the Taurus seems like large sedan that happens to go decently quick.
Yep! I agree with Jared. In Colorado they have $6K in incentives so the pricing is really a push. However, I drove both cars back to back and the Fusion is just a more nimble car. Straight line performance was very close in terms of acceleration but the Taurus just rolled more in turns and had a lot more understeer. It just rolled over on it's tire's sidewalls much easier. I know you can get the performance package for the Taurus that may eliminate some of this but there is literally not a single SHO in stock within 100 miles of Denver that has the performance package.

Just a final note. The SHO I drove had the Sync 3 ... pretty sure.

·
Banned
249 Posts
really depends on intent? Do you mod your cars? If so the SHO is the better option. If you're just gonna have some spirited drives from work back home, the fusion may better suit you.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Fusion is what, 350 lbs lighter. Matters in handling, just like it matters that fusion is 400
lbs heavier than most of it's competition (yes I get it is AWD, but I'm talking pure handling).

·
Registered
215 Posts
What would keep me from buying the SHO is the awful interior packaging. It's a much bigger car than the Fusion, but does not have any more usable interior space aside from a massive trunk. It also has terrible outward visibility. I don't know if the SHO's interior is much better than regular Tauruses, but the Tauruses I've been in seem to be a step or two behind the Fusion in terms of material and build quality as well.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yup. The dough. And, they don't handle anywhere near as well as the Sport. The Sport also actually feels as roomy or even roomier too.
These two points are where my decision was made. I test drove 3 Taurus SHOs and just couldn't get comfortable. I'm 6'3" and felt like I was hugging the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. The hip and leg room felt cramped.

I came from a 14' FuSE and definitely felt more comfortable in the pilot seat.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to the ford place today and they have 1 really nice looking 2016 Sho, ruby red, Orig price $41,389.00 but has

been listed as Easyprice for $31,340.00.

Salesman said they are trying to move it.....

Didn't give a reason why...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm in the same boat; FFS or an SHO. I've been comparing for a while...

Minus the complete difference in model, It seems like the Taurus comes with several more features stock which you would have to add on the Fusion Sport. For instance, Heated and cooled front seats, SYNC 3, is stock on a 2016 Taurus. If you got the 401A package on the taurus, you get the heated steering wheel, rear heated seats, etc. Where you would have to add the Driver Assist Package on the Fusion to get these.

From a personal standpoint I feel like Taurus + 401A is all I would need in a Taurus. With the Fusion, I would have to add 401A, Driver Assist Package, Cooled seats (which all adds up).

Seems like features, pros, and cons are really up on the table. Has the 6th Gen Taurus received any major upgrades/updates since its introduction in 2010? (aside from Sync 3 in the 2016 model).

To me, I would only have interest in buying an SHO if there was a used one in the area. A used SHO (with 401A) under 15k miles under 30k with taxes,fees,etc all included, would be a sweet deal if you could actually find one in general. Otherwise, I would just get the Fusion Sport Brand New

·
Registered
529 Posts
Seems like features, pros, and cons are really up on the table. Has the 6th Gen Taurus received any major upgrades/updates since its introduction in 2010? (aside from Sync 3 in the 2016 model).
Don't believe anything mechanical has changed. Minor face lifts and lighting changes. Minor interior tweaks and wheel choices.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Went to the ford place today and they have 1 really nice looking 2016 Sho, ruby red, Orig price $41,389.00 but has

been listed as Easyprice for $31,340.00.

Salesman said they are trying to move it.....

Didn't give a reason why...
If it was that same red one I'm thinking of... (from the PM) It doesn't have the 401A package. There's a lot of used ones WITH the 401A that sell quick. Seems like nobody wants the ones that dont have it.

You can scroll through the pictures. If it has a SONY radio, its a steal. No sony radio, it's the 400 package.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Saw TV ad this morning for A SHO. Had to be the first time ever. It wasn't from Ford corporate though, it was a SE Michigan Ford dealer commercial offering a-plan leasing for $299 mth, with about $1500 down. Not sure what options and such. That's as cheap or cheaper than a Sport can be had.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last weekend I decided to purchase either the SHO with the Performance Package or the Ford Fusion Sport...Drove them both. They both are highly refined cars. The SHO was quick, but seemed detached in the driving experience. The ratio of interior space to exterior dimensions was disproportionate. With the FFS, it was a more engaged experience, the interior volume was more in tune with what I would expect, and the speed seemed to be very much comparable to the SHO.

After looking at the fact that I would need to purchase winter tires and wheels for the SHO, and the lack of interior space, I decided to go with the FFS, with NO REGRETS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the Burgundy Velvet color with the 400A package with sunroof...Being a Cox Automotive employee I get an X-plan discount and the car came home for 33K and 0% financing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts