Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone cut the felt so you can change the oil easier? I'm thinking about doing it next oil change. It only needs a couple inches. I also always wondered what that felt is going to look like covered with ice and packed with slush. Wish I had a heated garage.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Has anyone cut the felt so you can change the oil easier? I'm thinking about doing it next oil change. It only needs a couple inches. I also always wondered what that felt is going to look like covered with ice and packed with slush. Wish I had a heated garage.
Did you try changing it with the cover on? Some people said you can leave it on without getting oil on it. I took mine off because it looked like it was directly under the plug, so I don't know if there are different covers used, and some can get away with leaving it on. Mine sure looked like it would be a mess if I left it on.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I left mine on when I changed the oil and it ended up not touching it at all, tho it was very close. When the oil was almost drained I did have to hold it back a tiny bit as the small drips would have hit the cover, but that's it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts