Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assume you have a lift, 35 years of fabricating and wrenching, virtually unlimited supply of tools.
What is the fastest you think an IC could be done (assuming you have done it before).

I like to get my car back as close to stock as I can for any warantee work, even if completely unrelated,
as I don't trust dealers near me to give me a fair shake if they see my car modded in any way (and
I don't want them to claim they can't do warnatee on X, since this non factory part is in the way, etc...)

Would love to get an IC, just would hate to have to swap it out if/when I need warantee again unless
it could be done in well under an hour.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Not sure I would rush a intercooler job but 1.0 to 1.5 is my guess , the passenger side hook on the factory intercooler got me wanting to punch a baby lol

Reactions: Flew and Shawnski

·
Registered
482 Posts
I did mine in two hours on the ground , and took my time. If I had been at work and threw it on my lift I would have done it in an hour, I can have the front bumpers off in twenty minutes most of the time. Just have kno0w what size everything is and were the plug is for the bumper harness. Its on the drivers side just ahead of the tire for those who dont know.

Reactions: Flew and MY27FUSION

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, so for you guys who have done it. If one were inclined, might the install/uninstall go quicker if the brackets were redesigned and possible moved somewhere else?
This could include making new mounts off a frame area that the IC mounts would bolt to.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
With a lift and my past experience with install I could do it in an hour.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My first time, took me like 3-4 hours because of relocation and taking my time on the ground without a lift.

If you've done it before, it should only take you about an hour or two. Give yourself time and don't rush or you'll end up forgetting which screws go where and have to take things back off to put the correct/missed ones back in.

You're almost guaranteed to end up with extra hardware or bolts.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Make double sure you tighten those hose clamps. Many folks have posted about them blowing off

·
Registered
107 Posts
Took me all ****ing day to install my UP FMIC and messing with the ACC on ramps. What took most of my time is remove the factory fmic with that stupid hook that goes onto the plastic end tank of the radiator and with the factory A/C line literally nestled right in front of the entank and IAT2 sensor. I already paid $500 to fill the A/C one time, I wasn't going to refill it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts