Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Picking up the motor on Tuesday. Been so excited been having trouble sleeping. I have been researching 4 door family sedans for months. Had the heart set on a charger until took it for a test drive. Actually went for a second drive, just in case. Really underwhelmed. I had always liked the looks of the fusion too, but always had too small an engine for its size. Checked them out anyway on the internet. Was test driving the sport next day and was the best feeling I've had behind the wheel of a car I could realistic afford. Needless to say, I shhok hands on a deal there and then. Here in Canada it only comes one way - fully loaded. For me its exactly what it is supposed to be - family four that's not pretentious that makes the noise and pulls the g's. Looking forward to years of enjoying the obligitory weekend taxi for the family. Have tried to attach shot i took as i left the yard. Black on black version

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

My family has historically driven Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth products. I like the Charger and Challenger styling and was seriously considering leasing a Charger Hellcat, but the insurance quote killed that idea!

There are times where I wish I would have done a little more research with my Fusion purchases, but I'm still happy with my decisions. After a nasty hail storm a few years ago a few dealerships liquidated damaged cars. I drove a few 3 and 5 series off lease BMW's, but none of them seemed right. Ran down the street to the Ford dealer and tried out a Fusion and it really impressed me. I signed a deal later that day...

Recently bought my Sport because it solved a lot of the shortcomings of the 14 Ti, IMO

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome, I'm a dodge fanatic also. Wish some day I could buy a scat pack for a fun car

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the welcome. Got the call this morning and picked up my new baby after work. Had to use the cruise control in the end as the speed just kept creeping up. Love the engine note. Not a fan of the piped noise but love that i can hear the engine over it.

Reactions: Donjohnk

·
Registered
624 Posts
Love the engine note. Not a fan of the piped noise but love that i can hear the engine over it.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that lol.

Welcome aboard. I got over 11,000 miles and the speed still creeps up on me.
Was trying to seriously consider a Charger RT myself, but once I was a quoted a price higher than my Sport with less options it was a no brainer(I also expect the insurance would have been higher) . In the end the only thing I liked better about the Charger was the engine sound.

·
Registered
481 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Enjoy the Sport.
Nice colour too!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a black one and when I wash and polish it looks like a 100k car...but unfortunately not for long lol. Btw piped in sound is not that bad when in standard mode (sport mode exaggerates it). Congrats and wish you many many miles of safe driving :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a black one and when I wash and polish it looks like a 100k car...but unfortunately not for long lol. Btw piped in sound is not that bad when in standard mode (sport mode exaggerates it). Congrats and wish you many many miles of safe driving :)
Agree. Day two so sport was switched off to at least try to run it in a bit more sensibly. I agree the piped sound in standard, particular in lower gears on city streets is pretty cool. Deep base growl at at 20 to 30 mph to get the gear to change up is nice. Shame only onbthe inside. I agree it looks an expensive black. Parked next to a Jag XJ and figured i'd take the fusion if i had to choose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts