Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if its my car or others but after I put it in park it feels like the car moves about 4 inches after I put it in park and the parking paw in the transmission catches the car. Whether its on an incline or decline still moves quite a bit for my liking. Probably normal but none of mine or my wife's cars, current and past have moved this much after put in park. Just figured I'd ask?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine moves a little more than I'd like. I just ease off the brake when I put in park.
Okay so I take it all Sports do this. When I drive it I brake after I put it in park, don't like the car rocking back in forth like that. However when the wife drives it (about 85% of the time) she doesn't do that LOL. Oh well, just figured I'd ask on here to see if it was normal or if there was something wrong with the car. Thank you

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 2009 Flex AWD had similar amounts of movement when on any incline once placed in park and it was equipped with this same running gear. Never had any issues arise from it over 95K miles.

Reactions: NissanTy

·
Registered
129 Posts
I guess I haven't parked on a hill yet to take notice of rolling. I wasn't using the e-brake until I went to re-torque the wheel nuts and noticed how much the car rocked so I put the e-brake on and have been using it since. It is also a good practice to use the e-brake to prevent trans damage if someone bumped into your car while parked, especially on a hill if no curb.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed this as well so I started using the ebrake. It's not a hard habit to get into.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, mine moves a bunch too, thought it was odd, but got used to it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I noticed this as well so I started using the ebrake. It's not a hard habit to get into.
I noticed the parking brake has an automatic release. I usually push the button to release it but I have tried this:

Automatic release - drive away release
Your vehicle will automatically release the
parking brake if all of the following
conditions exist:
• The driver door is closed.
• The accelerator pedal is pressed.
• There are no faults detected in the
parking brake system.
(Pg 175)

Also, I thought this was interesting:

Note:When you apply the electric parking
brake in certain conditions, for example, on
a steep hill, the electric parking brake may
reapply the brakes within three to ten
minutes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've notice on a couple occasions, when parking on steeper inclines that it sounds like the parking brake might apply itself. I'll put the car in park and after a second or two I'll hear that little buzzy electrical noise from the electronic parking brake, regardless of if I've activated it. And then when I get back in and shift out of park I'll hear it again, but it doesn't show up on the dash or anything.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've notice on a couple occasions, when parking on steeper inclines that it sounds like the parking brake might apply itself. I'll put the car in park and after a second or two I'll hear that little buzzy electrical noise from the electronic parking brake, regardless of if I've activated it. And then when I get back in and shift out of park I'll hear it again, but it doesn't show up on the dash or anything.
That's the hill assist...

·
Registered
100 Posts
That automatic release was cool, until i started noticing that it puts two error messages in the FordPass app EVERY TIME. It's annoying deleting so many messages that arent' really error messages.

I noticed the parking brake has an automatic release. I usually push the button to release it but I have tried this:

Automatic release - drive away release
Your vehicle will automatically release the
parking brake if all of the following
conditions exist:
• The driver door is closed.
• The accelerator pedal is pressed.
• There are no faults detected in the
parking brake system.
(Pg 175)

Also, I thought this was interesting:

Note:When you apply the electric parking
brake in certain conditions, for example, on