Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I figured while my Fusion is in the shop for a snapped axle, I may as well start my build thread now that I have some time. I've done my fair share of build browsing, between the Facebook Groups and the Forums, and I've got a general idea of the direction I'd like to take my build. I'm an executive in a local car club, and I'm the second fastest vehicle there, beating out a couple of Camaro RS's and a 2010 SS, my only true competitor currently is a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE.

I purchased my 2017 Fusion Sport in October, with 18k miles and tint in the front and back.

Currently Installed / Completed:
  • Muffler Delete (01/09/2021)*
  • PowerAcoustic Gothic 12' 2500w Sub (12/20/2020)
  • ForScan Changes (01/09/2021)
- Bambi Mode
- Cornering Lights
- SecureIdle
- Ford Performance Boot Screen
- Sync 3.4 Update
- CCD & Steering Menu
- IPC Climate Control

• Steeda Dual CAI (03/09/2021)
  • Steeda Hood-Struts (04/30/2021)
  • Alpena Underglow (04/30/2021)
  • SCT Livewire TS+ (05/03/2021)
  • Unleashed 93 Octane (05/03/2021)

Currently, that's all I've been able to complete, as around 20 minutes after installing the tuner device, I managed to snap an axle - running the stock tune doing a launch attempting to get pre-tune performance information. Yay me - no clue when the Fusion will be back, but I've got plans.

Future Plans - in no particular order:
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Summer Tires
  • Powerstop Z23 Drilled & Slotted or R1 Concepts Geomet Drilled & Slotted
(Could use some advice on the best brake pads to use, I frequently drag the car against other vehicles, and have noticed fade quite a bit.)
  • Vivid Racing Custom Steering Wheel (Semi-Flat Top, Flat Bottom, Smooth Leather or Alcantara, Carbon Fibre Top/Bottom)
  • UP FMIC
  • CRP Stage 3 Turbos (may wait till they come with Stage 4 and 5.)
  • Lowering Springs
  • Illuminated Sill Plates (may custom make, due to them being discontinued)
  • Upgraded RMM, Trans-Mount
  • Sundown (or Skar) Audio 12' Subwoofer
  • Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating
  • Front Lip Spoiler
  • Chrome Delete
  • Upgraded Spark Plugs
  • 3.0 Swap
  • AKD Built Performance PTU Cover
  • Steeda Strut Tower Brace
  • Steeda Sway Bar
  • Level 3 Tail Lights
  • Interior Ambient Lighting Upgrades
  • MKZ Cluster Swap
  • Exhaust Setup
- I've got some plans for the exhaust setup, I've got a local technician who has made some vehicles sound amazing. I'd like to see what he could get the Fusion to sound like, possibly going to target a similar sound to the 2.9L TT V6 on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrofoglio, but it's hard to mimic the sound of a Ferarri derived V6.

Anyhow, I've got a ridiculous amount of crap I would like to do to this vehicle, but we'll get there when we get there I guess. Just want to get my baby back, my little shitbox Mazda RX-8 isn't cutting it, I'm surprised it hasn't hit the **** either with how it sounds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, since I've been without a car to mess with, I've been drawing up a general idea for an exhaust - how doable it is, or how expensive it'll be remains to be seen. I've got a local shop who can put it together, it just depends on how expensive it'll be.

It draws strong inspiration from the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV and the 2021 Ford Raptor - with an equal length exhaust, we plan to achieve this via a 'trombone loop' or curving the pipe a bit similar to the BMW exhausts available on the aftermarket - followed by an X-Pipe in place of the resonator, with a valved muffler.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so what is BAMBI mode? I've seen this on other threads and have no idea what it is.
BAMBI mode enables the ability to run fog-lights at the same time as the High Beams, I personally like it as it allows more sideways light output.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I finally got the Fusion back roughly two weeks ago at this point. Roughly 8 hours after I got the vehicle back from having the CV axle replaced, the transmission decided it wanted to start slipping out of gear. Ended up having the entire transmission replaced under warranty, I will never return to the dealership I got it from for service - but I digress.

I've honestly taken a liking to the simple muffler delete as it sounds much better than what I previously thought, I'll post some videos sometime soon. Which moves my priorities from the exhaust to an upgraded IC and new wheels/tires. I've noticed as a result of my intercooler being smashed in, that my IAT temps are running anywhere between 100 - 145 in 73 to 93-degree weather.

I've definitely got a lot planned for the car, just need to get it done. Recently, I met up with another Fusion Sport near me and noticed that my grille isn't the flat black our cars came with. It's got a silverish sparkle to it - but isn't chrome like the Platinums. I've been wondering whether my grille was repainted or redone at some point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been a while since I last visited, I'm currently waiting on my insurance company to get back to me with a better claim. I was backed into in a parking lot whilst shopping, dented my quarter panel and bumper enough for them to warrant a replacement, however Allstate is only looking to pay me $443 for the repairs - despite it being marked as a hit and run by law enforcement and the general estimate being upwards of $2500 to $3500.

Once that's all settled, I'm hoping to get the ball rolling, I've been dragging my feet on painting my calipers and just need to get it done. I'm also considering plasti-dipping the wheels black - and if I like it perhaps going with a more permanent solution.

Still trying to decide the cheapest and best solution for the chrome delete, as I don't feel like paying any local shops $500 as they're quoting to do the delete themselves.

When it comes to the exhaust, I've decided to stick with the Muffler Delete currently, as it's just the most cost effective for me and honestly doesn't sound too bad.

Another priority of mine is getting the oil changed and draining and filling the PTU, I'm likely going to do a drain and fill on the transmission while I'm at it, as I've put roughly 13,000 miles on it since having it replaced at the end of July. (I drive a **** ton, I just rolled over to 53,000 miles today, after a little over a year of owning it. Purchased with 18,698 miles.)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Been a while since I last visited, I'm currently waiting on my insurance company to get back to me with a better claim. I was backed into in a parking lot whilst shopping, dented my quarter panel and bumper enough for them to warrant a replacement, however Allstate is only looking to pay me $443 for the repairs - despite it being marked as a hit and run by law enforcement and the general estimate being upwards of $2500 to $3500.

Once that's all settled, I'm hoping to get the ball rolling, I've been dragging my feet on painting my calipers and just need to get it done. I'm also considering plasti-dipping the wheels black - and if I like it perhaps going with a more permanent solution.

Still trying to decide the cheapest and best solution for the chrome delete, as I don't feel like paying any local shops $500 as they're quoting to do the delete themselves.

When it comes to the exhaust, I've decided to stick with the Muffler Delete currently, as it's just the most cost effective for me and honestly doesn't sound too bad.

Another priority of mine is getting the oil changed and draining and filling the PTU, I'm likely going to do a drain and fill on the transmission while I'm at it, as I've put roughly 13,000 miles on it since having it replaced at the end of July. (I drive a **** ton, I just rolled over to 53,000 miles today, after a little over a year of owning it. Purchased with 18,698 miles.)
Keep us posted....

·
Registered
61 Posts
DIY-it is totally not worth to Pay 500$. I am quite happy from the effect achieved.

I don't know what is available on your market but I used this tape: 3m 2080 gloss black

1 - 12 of 12 Posts