Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I figured while my Fusion is in the shop for a snapped axle, I may as well start my build thread now that I have some time. I've done my fair share of build browsing, between the Facebook Groups and the Forums, and I've got a general idea of the direction I'd like to take my build. I'm an executive in a local car club, and I'm the second fastest vehicle there, beating out a couple of Camaro RS's and a 2010 SS, my only true competitor currently is a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE.

I purchased my 2017 Fusion Sport in October, with 18k miles and tint in the front and back.

Currently Installed / Completed:
  • Muffler Delete (01/09/2021)*
  • PowerAcoustic Gothic 12' 2500w Sub (12/20/2020)
  • ForScan Changes (01/09/2021)
- Bambi Mode
- Cornering Lights
- SecureIdle
- Ford Performance Boot Screen
- Sync 3.4 Update
- CCD & Steering Menu
- IPC Climate Control

• Steeda Dual CAI (03/09/2021)
  • Steeda Hood-Struts (04/30/2021)
  • Alpena Underglow (04/30/2021)
  • SCT Livewire TS+ (05/03/2021)
  • Unleashed 93 Octane (05/03/2021)

Currently, that's all I've been able to complete, as around 20 minutes after installing the tuner device, I managed to snap an axle - running the stock tune doing a launch attempting to get pre-tune performance information. Yay me - no clue when the Fusion will be back, but I've got plans.

Future Plans - in no particular order:
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Summer Tires
  • Powerstop Z23 Drilled & Slotted or R1 Concepts Geomet Drilled & Slotted
(Could use some advice on the best brake pads to use, I frequently drag the car against other vehicles, and have noticed fade quite a bit.)
  • Vivid Racing Custom Steering Wheel (Semi-Flat Top, Flat Bottom, Smooth Leather or Alcantara, Carbon Fibre Top/Bottom)
  • UP FMIC
  • CRP Stage 3 Turbos (may wait till they come with Stage 4 and 5.)
  • Lowering Springs
  • Illuminated Sill Plates (may custom make, due to them being discontinued)
  • Upgraded RMM, Trans-Mount
  • Sundown (or Skar) Audio 12' Subwoofer
  • Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating
  • Front Lip Spoiler
  • Chrome Delete
  • Upgraded Spark Plugs
  • 3.0 Swap
  • AKD Built Performance PTU Cover
  • Steeda Strut Tower Brace
  • Steeda Sway Bar
  • Level 3 Tail Lights
  • Interior Ambient Lighting Upgrades
  • MKZ Cluster Swap
  • Exhaust Setup
- I've got some plans for the exhaust setup, I've got a local technician who has made some vehicles sound amazing. I'd like to see what he could get the Fusion to sound like, possibly going to target a similar sound to the 2.9L TT V6 on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrofoglio, but it's hard to mimic the sound of a Ferarri derived V6.

Anyhow, I've got a ridiculous amount of crap I would like to do to this vehicle, but we'll get there when we get there I guess. Just want to get my baby back, my little shitbox Mazda RX-8 isn't cutting it, I'm surprised it hasn't hit the **** either with how it sounds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, since I've been without a car to mess with, I've been drawing up a general idea for an exhaust - how doable it is, or how expensive it'll be remains to be seen. I've got a local shop who can put it together, it just depends on how expensive it'll be.

It draws strong inspiration from the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV and the 2021 Ford Raptor - with an equal length exhaust, we plan to achieve this via a 'trombone loop' or curving the pipe a bit similar to the BMW exhausts available on the aftermarket - followed by an X-Pipe in place of the resonator, with a valved muffler.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so what is BAMBI mode? I've seen this on other threads and have no idea what it is.
BAMBI mode enables the ability to run fog-lights at the same time as the High Beams, I personally like it as it allows more sideways light output.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I finally got the Fusion back roughly two weeks ago at this point. Roughly 8 hours after I got the vehicle back from having the CV axle replaced, the transmission decided it wanted to start slipping out of gear. Ended up having the entire transmission replaced under warranty, I will never return to the dealership I got it from for service - but I digress.

I've honestly taken a liking to the simple muffler delete as it sounds much better than what I previously thought, I'll post some videos sometime soon. Which moves my priorities from the exhaust to an upgraded IC and new wheels/tires. I've noticed as a result of my intercooler being smashed in, that my IAT temps are running anywhere between 100 - 145 in 73 to 93-degree weather.

I've definitely got a lot planned for the car, just need to get it done. Recently, I met up with another Fusion Sport near me and noticed that my grille isn't the flat black our cars came with. It's got a silverish sparkle to it - but isn't chrome like the Platinums. I've been wondering whether my grille was repainted or redone at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts