Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having an issue where there is no change in the engine sound when sport mode is engaged. I have had the ACM replaced for the dead battery issue, but now it is always the quieter engine sound. I have spoken to Ford at length and have gotten nowhere. Today they told me that this, "isn't a feature on your car." I'm at a total loss as to what might be the problem or what to do next. Anyone had this issue and gotten it resolved? Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would remove a battery cable and let the car sit for a minute or two without power. When my battery died, my GPS and radio stopped working. Removing power for a couple minutes resets everything. If that doesn't work, I would assume it's a software issue as I would imagine a blown fuse would likely cause other obvious problems.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm having an issue where there is no change in the engine sound when sport mode is engaged. I have had the ACM replaced for the dead battery issue, but now it is always the quieter engine sound. I have spoken to Ford at length and have gotten nowhere. Today they told me that this, "isn't a feature on your car." I'm at a total loss as to what might be the problem or what to do next. Anyone had this issue and gotten it resolved? Thanks!
See viperman2008's post in the dead battery thread. Apparently they did not properly/completely program the new ACM's. viperman2008 was told software update in March is supposed to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if everyone with the new ACM is having this issue?
Well, per this:

See viperman2008's post in the dead battery thread. Apparently they did not properly/completely program the new ACM's. viperman2008 was told software update in March is supposed to fix the problem.
That answer would be a yes... but a lot of people are waiting on a new ACM so they can't say one way or the other right now.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Do you have an OBD-II adapter that can read HS-CAN modules (such as the OBDLink MX) and know how to use FORScan? I'm interested to see if it just needs to be enabled in the ACM, or if they actually took out the programming in the firmware.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Do you have an OBD-II adapter that can read HS-CAN modules (such as the OBDLink MX) and know how to use FORScan? I'm interested to see if it just needs to be enabled in the ACM, or if they actually took out the programming in the firmware.
This is a very good point, however not very accessible for most folks.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
This is a very good point, however not very accessible for most folks.
That's why I asked, there are many others (at least on the 2G forums) that play around with FORScan. It's very accessible if you have the ODBII reader, which is good for anyone who does work on their own cars regardless if they have intentions to change programming or not.

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Banned
249 Posts
If nothing else, this absolutely confirms that the engine noise is fake... lol
Fords admitted this on almost all their vehicles, I have my fake engine noise off, different sound but after a while you get used to it, plus..I can hear the turbo's now. fake engine noise hides them a little (but I have other stuff done too)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fords admitted this on almost all their vehicles, I have my fake engine noise off, different sound but after a while you get used to it, plus..I can hear the turbo's now. fake engine noise hides them a little (but I have other stuff done too)
I'm guessing this isn't an easy task?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hate the sound enhancement. Sounds like a video game.

·
Registered
64 Posts
it's really simple, certain obdII reader, forscan license, laptop and change the coding of the vehicle and it goes away, just like the double horn when you leave car running and everything else you can change.
I have a feeling I will be asking you for some help when I get to this point. I would prefer to get rid of both of those things! I would just like to hear the natural engine sound, even if it is faint and quiet.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have a feeling I will be asking you for some help when I get to this point. I would prefer to get rid of both of those things! I would just like to hear the natural engine sound, even if it is faint and quiet.
There is a link (or two) somewhere here (just do a search for forscan) that will discuss how to do it, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I can confirm that after a ACM change the sound is not there anymore.. Also ANC doesn't seem to work and the car now has problems understanding voice commands... All related to the ANC. My dealer has a case open with Ford....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts