Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Has anybody came up with a part number for the o-ring that fits the 2.7L engine drain plug? Don't see where Ford sells it separately. I see mine is seeping a little after an oil change and don't see why I need to spend $9 to $12 for a drain plug just to replace a $1 o-ring. Sometimes you wonder what a company is thinking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I purchased a spare (sitting on shelf in garage) about 2 years ago. Memory says it was about $3 at friendly Ford dealer. In essence, not outrageous for a spare. Good luck with your mission to size one.

·
Super Moderator
1,305 Posts
As others said, Ford doesn't sell them separate. The plugs aren't that expensive if you shop around. Something may have damaged your o-ring, mine has been the same plug & o-ring for 27k miles and 7 oil changes and still doesn't leak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plug is leaking after the first oil change since I bought the car new. It wasn't leaking before I changed the oil. It is possible there is damage to the o-ring as I did not look at it very close when I installed it, and it was pretty stuck when I took it out. Probably just have to buy a new plug for the next oil change. I really think Ford should include a new o-ring with every filter for the pennies it would cost them. I have other cars where the drain plug seal is part of the oil filter kit. I have not been able to find an OEM plug for under $8, so if anybody knows a cheaper source, please let me know. The UPR plug is definitely something I will consider.

Concerning the drain plug part number, when I look up the correct one for my 2019 Sport the part number is supposed to be FT4Z-6730-A (1/4" drive to remove). But the plug that is in the car looks like KX6Z-6730-B (protruding wings to turn by hand) which fits the F-150, MKZ 3.0L, and a handful of others but not the Fusion Sport. My dad's 2018 has the same plug as mine. Does anybody know what the story is with the plug in my car? I have not found anywhere that says FT4Z-6730-A supercedes another part number for the Sport even looking at the 2017 models.

Metroplex, already had the car undercoated with the real stuff when I bought it so I'm good on that. I do have several old cars that have the "old school" type of rustproofing though. Too early for my new Sport to go that route.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I paid $6.60 on Amazon for one. My dealership was right around the same price if not a little cheaper. I replace my drain plug every other oil change for that price. I've asked about a PN for the O-Ring and they could not find one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In regards to the question (#7) of drain plug with square drive vs the finger/pliers tabs at the end. Our 2018 FFS came with the finger tabs & the spare plug I bought (~$3 at Ford Dealer) has the square drive. I believe, however, cannot document it that the square drive superseded the finger tab plug & is recommended.

Best wishes on your quest for new o-ring.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Best to just buy a reusable replacment or the disposable factory oem I es and use them a few times. Either way your saving doing your own changes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts