Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anybody know how any of these oils being discussed compare to the Motorcraft semi-synthetic Ford likes to use for the prepaid oil changes? I ask because that's what my car is getting (at least until my prepaid oil changes are used up).

Thanks!
We use it at my work on heavy Ford chassis. motorhomes, delivery trucks etc, they are under a pretty heavy load and have never had an issue from any of out customers. I let the local dealership use it in my 17 FFS. When the warranty is out and Im doing my own perhaps Ill switch. But in the Trade Ford blend has a pretty good reputation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Appreciate the replies again everyone! Is it worth it to just splurge on Royal Purple as their 5W-30 meets our Ford Oil specs?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
not really. Just change the oil every 5000 miles. Doesn’t matter what brand of synthetic as long as it meets the latest API SP and ILSAC GF6A or Dexos 1 Gen 2 license and standards for 5W30.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here's an update everyone from the latest test. Oil was changed over around 7,400km's so right around folks were recommending on here. This is also the last of the dealer oil, so the next test will be the Mobil 1 synthetic recommended earlier in the thread. What are your thoughts on this latest one? It appears the viscosity of the oil the dealer used is garbage (Mobil 1 normal synthetic or supposed to be) and this Boron issue.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Here are the notes,

Flagged Result Possible Causes Significance of Result / Recommended Action
B - Boron Boron is a common anti-wear (AW) and extreme pressure (EP) additive in engine and
gear oils.
Lower than expected boron levels may indicate additive depletion/precipitation or
dilution. Identify and evaluate the cause. Verify the identity of the oil in use.

VISC100 - Viscosity
at 100 C
Lower than expected viscosity may be due to contamination with lower grade oil, fuel
or degradation due to shearing or extended drain intervals.
Lower than expected viscosity may indicate contamination or degradation of the oil.
Verify the identity and grade of the oil in use. Identify and evaluate the cause.
Consider changing the oil.

VISC40 - Viscosity at
40 C
Lower than expected viscosity may be due to contamination with lower grade oil, fuel
or degradation due to shearing or extended drain intervals.
Lower than expected viscosity may indicate contamination or degradation of the oil.
Verify the identity and grade of the oil in use. Identify and evaluate the cause.
Consider changing the oil.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I would say you are definitely getting fuel blow by from the cylinders and fuel contamination of your oil. Choices are change to a better full synthetic oil or install a catch can and/or both. There is nothing you can do about the fuel blow by, it is the nature of the beast. It is going to happen, especially in forced induction engines. The catch can will catch a majority of the vapors and keep them from condensing into the engine oil. A better full synthetic oil will fight the viscosity break down, but will still suffer from fuel contamination.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
You directly saw them pour Mobil 1 Syth from the original bottle in your engine?
If not, I don't trust any dealer on really anything they say.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts