Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my engine replaced at 7K miles, and since the new one went in, I've noticed a distinct drone around 1700 rpm. The dealer didn't think much of it (I might go back in and have them look again).

The drone is more noticeable when I have my AFE air filter in, but I still notice it with the stock filter.

Has anyone noticed this on their vehicle? Any idea why it might be making this noise/ fixes for it? Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just put in my steeda cold air this weekend. I feel it's the intake sound. Not so much a drone noise. Funny enough I hear the intake the most at that RPM

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
i also noticed this noise on the first long road trip i went on with it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has done this since new. There's another thread here on this.
Thanks - I guess it's just an air intake issue and a minor annoyance. Funny that I did not hear this with my old (defective) engine, but I do hear it with the new one. The car seems faster w/ the new engine, too. Perhaps I'm pulling in more air?

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
I think the "enhanced" engine noise is also amplifying the sound a little. When the first ACM update for the battery issue broke my ANC & engine noise, the drone was still there, but quieter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts