Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ran into a few issues for the 1st time with my FFS today while out running errands.
The 1st issue I noticed was while sitting at idle throughout various times today the AC wouldn't blow cold air...it just blew warm air mostly...while the temp was set @ 65 or even if I lowered it. Same could be said for turning on Max AC...however when I would start moving the air would begin to cool & work properly.

The 2nd issue I ran into was while I was waiting in a long line at a drive thru later in the day I got a surprise "Engine Coolant Over Temperature" pop up while in the drive thru. The temp gauge on the cluster then went straight up....so since I was just sitting in line I shut the car off for about 1-2 minutes until the line began to move. I planned to pull over into the parking lot after paying for my purchase but after I paid & looked back down at the dash the error was gone and the gauge was back in the middle.

I still pulled into the parking lot and got out & checked under the car for leaks and popped the hood to check Coolant levels and observe if i saw anything out of the ordinary...alas everything looked good.

So I drove home mostly cautiously to avoid any issues & noticed no other overheat issues, I even got on the throttle a bit at a few lights and still nothing....

So as of now my FFS is parked in the garage and the little bit of searching I did on here & Google haven't really given me any clues as to the possible cause other than fuses, sensors, thermometer, or fan issues....so figured I'd post this to see if anyone had any insight/ideas or if anyone has experienced similar issues & maybe had some sort of resolution.

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
Is the coolant at the correct level in the overflow reservoir once the car has cooled? I wonder if there's somehow some air bubbles in the system. Do you hear the infamous "waterffall / water rushing" sound at all?

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the coolant at the correct level in the overflow reservoir once the car has cooled? I wonder if there's somehow some air bubbles in the system. Do you hear the infamous "waterffall / water rushing" sound at all?
Checked reservoir this morning when I woke & it was just above the max line...but that's the same position the Coolant has been in since I purchased the vehicle...it's never gone below the line.

I'm not sure what you are referring to about the waterfall/water rushing sound...can you provide more information on that or a link to review regarding this issue?

·
Registered
258 Posts
He is referring to the sound of running water you might hear coming from under dash, behind the radio console. I had it in mine. It is cause by air trapped in the heating coil. I would only hear it in the morning when it was cold and the heat was on. If you don't have the heat on you might not hear it. But, if you have air pockets trapped in the coolant system it can cause a vapor lock and the coolant may not flow correctly and it way cause the thermostat at the water pump to not work properly, causing an overheating issue. If your coolant level is at the max level, chances are you good to go.

Another thing to check is if your electric fan is coming on to cool the radiator. I believe the factory setting causes the fan to start running when the coolant temp hits 190 degrees. 190 degrees is when the stock thermostat is supposed to open. Get your car up to operating temp, pop the hood and listen for the fan running.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
826 Posts
Fill the overflow tank to the weld line, the factory max line is to low.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I've pretty much ruled out the Coolant level being an issue because the level remains the same whether hot or cool....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm leaning toward a fan issue....
Drove to get lunch today, driving mostly highway (temp was 85 outside), got up to normal temp line on cluster(just below middle of gauge)...no issues....AC also blew cold (not as cold as I'd like but it cooled the car off)...when I got into the drive thru & had to sit in stand still traffic I began to notice the AC air get gradually warmer, then I noticed the gauge temp start to increase...it got to about 2/3rds the way up the gauge...by then I was able to pull out of the drive thru & get back to driving & wouldn't you know the gauge dropped back to normal on the gauge and the AC began to blow cold again. When I got home sat in the garage for about 10mins & didn't hear a fan come on....

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
What was the dash ambient temp showing?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp ended up dropping the FFS off @ the dealer & a few hundred dollars later problem fixed. Bad sensor & wiring. Seems to be operating fine now.
Solid Coolant temps of 190° no matter how long I sit in traffic or a stand still.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Is your car out of warranty?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts